Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

Mtv dismissed

I am somewhat dissapointed in my peers, and the MTV/MuchMusic corporations. While I found MuchMusic(Canada's answer to MTV) shows more enjoyable and they focus more on music, I don't like the tastes of most of my peers.

One day I'm hoping to wright a small review of Nelly's "Getting Hot in here" song. I just want to make fun of it at all directions.

Music these days have degraded much. I only enjoy some that I occasionally here on MuchMusic but most of the time I get it from people I know online. Even then, some of my music is from shows or movies(In fact, I'm listening to the song from the awsome anime Series "Hellsing"). I am just often bored of nowadays music, and hate it all.

There are some good artists out there I enjoy. And some of them arn't trying to get that fourty thousand pound looking breasts or trying to become the signature white black man. While I'm not a racist person, you see stereotypes of all races often played out in these music videos. Another thing that is strange how much hate is sometimes revolved around different singers. Eminem(or however you spell it) seems to have this ongoing hate against that Moby guy.

Sometimes its just sick, so I don't watch it. Ever watch that "Dirty" music video? Well, I'm one and all for women in little or no clothing, but that was just sickening. If I was an artist of any type, I would at least show dignity to myself and my work.

Women have become nothing but objects now, in music videos. They show kids that women only have to be big breasted and licking your ear in order to be sexy. However, they never teach that there are finer qualities than the shape of that persons ass. And they also teach young teenagers that the only way you can be a women is to wear little or no clothing, sit in your boyfriends lap all day, and follow his orders.

I show respect to anyone I know. Unless they don't deserve that respect, they'll get it. I have very few enemies and nothing on my school records.

Intellegence is limited to teenagers in my opinion. Even though I am one, I often find myself surrounded by idiots. As far as most teenagers know, all Germans are Nazi's and all East indians are evil. Of coarse, I try and tell them that is not true. But overall, ignorance dominates tounge.gif

Oh well. Undergrads and Quads keep me happy as far as I'm concerned. So I don't switch to that channel, I hate them. The shows they have are useless, don't serve any purpose. And the music they have on is usually crap repeated.

How to start band:

1) Get weird lead singer who wears bandaid or has crazy hair

2) Get some odd guitarist who makes little effort in your songs

3) Get signature fat guy who plays DJ all day.

4) Get stupid moron who dosen't do anything at all

5) Repeat #4

6) Get liscence

Bada-Boom!

sad but true. sad.gif

but with people like us who keep on fighting the dumb out there, hope will never die! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How to start band:

1) Get weird lead singer who wears bandaid or has crazy hair

2) Get some odd guitarist who makes little effort in your songs

3) Get signature fat guy who plays DJ all day.

4) Get stupid moron who dosen't do anything at all

5) Repeat #4

6) Get liscence<span id='postcolor'>

that's the way to start a real band (like mine):

1. get a guy who plays guitar but doesn't know what his talents are good for and show him the world of Rock and fuckin' Roll! biggrin.gif

2.get a weird guy who knows all the songs and lyrics of AC/DC and tell him to sing.

3. get a guy who never had anything to do with music before but wants to play drums and give him a bass guitar. tounge.gif

4.let them play for a while and they'll be able to make their own songs.

They only shows i like on mtv was...

JackAss-They don't make anymore.So it's kinda cancel.

Loveline-Funny to hear people problems because they was so stupid.

Buzzkill-I don't really remember this show.BUt they use to do jokes on people.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Feb. 06 2003,18:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3. get a guy who never had anything to do with music before but wants to play drums and give him a bass guitar. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO! Thats hilarious. I think it will take other musicians to find that funny, but thats classic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Feb. 05 2003,22:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Feb. 06 2003,18:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3. get a guy who never had anything to do with music before but wants to play drums and give him a bass guitar. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO! Thats hilarious. I think it will take other musicians to find that funny, but thats classic.<span id='postcolor'>

Hm, i think i missed something, what's the funny part...

What started as a discussion of social changes has now become a discussion on music which really is too offtopic.

Closing smile.gif