Sign in to follow this  
earl

Modern usmc weapons

We can't be letting those Russians run around with their new Saiga12K's + cobra optics, and not match them with something equal!!

I can't wait for those city capture&hold missions where everybody sneaks through buildings...  One thing I noticed about CQB games like Rogue Spear is that it is extremely satisfying to eliminate enemy players with a shotgun - perhaps because the noise is so loud and authortative.

I'd like to use speedloaders (a tube loaded with shells that can be rammed into the magazine with one motion) but I've also read that they aren't viable for combat situations.  Maybe not reliable enough?  It would make it a good equivalent to the Saiga12K if you could fully reload in one action though.

<edit> @OxPecker - I'm pretty sure Suchey will be done before me, but he's still working on more models, and he says he's happy to keep tweaking while I catch up. I've still got a number of weapons to make, and quite a bit left to do on the ones you have already seen. Release is not in sight yet, for my part.

No problem Earl, an addon that looks this good is worth the wait (especially now that Marek has announced no IL or OFP2 until 2004).

I'm sure when it's released it will generate as much excitement as BAS Deltas and Rangers.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Mar. 17 2003,06:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">HEHEHEHE!

Shotgun with scope! Finally something to use instead of the kozlice smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Aimpoint is not a scope! It's a dot sight

those look really nice...

I WISH someone would use O2 to make a nice, standard M16A2 (the BIS one is horrible)

The standard, front line US troops need a better looking standard issue rifle.

Im talking about one with regular iron sites, regular handguards...ect, ect.

I thought most US line troops were starting to recieve the M16A4 so they could mount all those nifty scopes. This is being done by takin an A2, changing the reciever and installing RIS on the handguards. I think everyone will be recieving the M4 sometime the future.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Mar. 20 2003,03:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought most US line troops were starting to recieve the M16A4 so they could mount all those nifty scopes. This is being done by takin an A2, changing the reciever and installing RIS on the handguards. I think everyone will be recieving the M4 sometime the future.<span id='postcolor'>

That will not be complete any time soon...

the standard, front line troops (Army, Marines, ect) still have the A2.

For instance,...You will not see many (if ANY) A4 fitted rifles in the current Iraq conflict, being used by the grunts.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmedic @ Mar. 20 2003,04:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Mar. 20 2003,03:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought most US line troops were starting to recieve the M16A4 so they could mount all those nifty scopes. This is being done by takin an A2, changing the reciever and installing RIS on the handguards. I think everyone will be recieving the M4 sometime the future.<span id='postcolor'>

That will not be complete any time soon...

the standard, front line troops (Army, Marines, ect) still have the A2.

For instance,...You will not see many (if ANY) A4 fitted rifles in the current Iraq conflict, being used by the grunts.<span id='postcolor'>

almost all army units have the m16a4 now not everyone will get it or the m4 smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

U.S. Marines in Kuwait right now, preparing for the Iraqi invasion:

1_24_031803_usmarines_kuwait.jpgMarines from the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit take up positions during a drill in the Kuwaiti desert. (with M16 A2 rifles)

1_23_031803_usmarines_kuwait3.jpg

(with M16 A2/M203 rifle)

1_23_031803_marines.jpg

(M16 A2 rifles)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmedic @ Mar. 20 2003,05:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">U.S. Marines in Kuwait right now, preparing for the Iraqi invasion:

1_24_031803_usmarines_kuwait.jpgMarines from the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit take up positions during a drill in the Kuwaiti desert. (with M16 A2 rifles)

1_23_031803_usmarines_kuwait3.jpg

(with M16 A2/M203 rifle)

1_23_031803_marines.jpg

(M16 A2 rifles)<span id='postcolor'>

you will notice i said us army not marines they are the bastard children of the armed forces and get all the old stuff smile.gif

its the same. armys using the a2 not the a4. the a2 is the united states military standard rifle. the a4 is used in elite units sometimes. they mostly use the m4(elite units that is). dont even tell me im wrong i know more than alex trebek on speed biggrin.gif

There have been alot of questions in regard to the USMC using the M4...the M16A2, or the M16A4...I found this in "Stars and Stripes" and it may help to answer some questions folks have in regard to the weapon and how the USMC will be using it...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Wednesday, October 23, 2002

Marines choose M-16A4 as infantry rifle

By Mark Oliva, Stars and Stripes

Pacific edition, Thursday, October 24, 2002

The Marine Corps chose a new infantry rifle, and it’s not the short

assault rifle with which the Army equipped soldiers in the Afghan campaigns.

Marine Corps Systems Command in Quantico, Va., announced last week it

would buy 65,463 of the M-16A4 service rifles for infantry Marines

between now and 2007.

The new rifle resembles the M-16A2 service rifle in use now but allows for add-on parts as emerging technology warrants.

After head-to-head comparison tests, the Marines rejected the M-4, the shorter rifle the Army issued to soldiers fighting in Afghanistan.

“The ground board chose the M-16A4 over the M-4 because it had a lesser frequency of malfunctions,†said Marine Corps officials from

Headquarters Marine Corps in a prepared statement. “The initial units

will be fielded to Ground Combat Elements.â€

The M-4 received sharp criticism from soldiers who fought the Taliban in Afghanistan earlier this year in Operation Anaconda and Mountain Lion.

Some soldiers complained bullets used in the rifle lacked stopping

power, according to a survey Army officials conducted. They also noted that heat shields in the hand guards often rattled, prompting soldiers to remove them, only to burn their hands from overheating hand guards.

Marine support units will continue to use the M-16A2 rifles.

The old rifles were nearing the end of their life cycles and needed

replacement, according to the Marine Corps statement. But Corps

officials also wanted to be able to integrate attachments Marines could need for different missions, such as flashlights, laser sights and a rail system for interchangeable sights and scopes.

In a head-to-head performance comparison between the M-16A4 and the M-4, a shorter carbine version with a collapsible stock, Marine officials found few similarities.

“Both weapons have flat-top receivers with the 1913 Military Standard

rails for mounting optics, as well as forward rail hand guards,†said

Marine Capt. John Douglas, project officer for Marine Corps Systems Command.

The new rifle can handle standard rifle sights plus night vision options and scopes. The rifle also can be fitted with a vertical forward handgrip.

But that’s where comparisons end. The M-4 is 10 inches shorter and one pound lighter than the current M-16A2.

Marine officials found some deficiencies in the M-4. In tests and

surveys conducted last July at Camp Lejeune, N.C., most Marines

preferred the M-4 over the longer M-16A4 for most combat situations, but the M-4 had more malfunctions, they said. The comparisons were based on Infantry Training Standards and reviewed by Marine Corps Operational Test and Evaluation Activity.

“Though the number was very low for each weapon, the M-4 was found to

have three times the number of weapons malfunctions as the M-16A4,†the statement read. There was no significant difference in accuracy between the two rifles.

Several Marine units already use the M-4, including Force Reconnaissance platoons, Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security teams and Military Police Special Response teams. Those units will continue to use the M-4, and the Marines still may purchase more in the future after corrections are made to reduce malfunctions, said the Marine Corps statement.

<span id='postcolor'>

key words there are "marine support units will continue to use the a2". at least for a little while. i like the a4 a little bit more than the a2 but i like the a1 and m4 more than both. biggrin.gif

p.s. thanks for the info suchey biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chaztheducky @ Mar. 20 2003,05:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">its the same. armys using the a2 not the a4. the a2 is the united states military standard rifle. the a4 is used in elite units sometimes. they mostly use the m4(elite units that is). dont even tell me im wrong i know more than alex trebek on speed biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

im in a regular us army engineer bn and have the m16a4 elite units use m4s and other speacial weapons so alex and you need to go to rehab smile.gif

For this weapon pack will you be adding in the M16/M203 with ACOG scope? I think BAS never made one, neither did BIS, someone else may have but you guys could release one with this pack since I haven't seen it before and this will be high profile. Perhaps you guys will set the standards for that rifle.

the offical rifle of the us army is the M16-A2. now some parts of the army may and do use other weapons\different models of the weapon. but if your in a war youll probly get the a2. thats if your not in a elite OR specility unit. biggrin.gif

I hate to be a dick but chaz is wrong, the 3rd Infantry is a regular unit and they are using the M16A4, please see these reference pics...

CQB Training with M16A4 and Aimpoint Red Dot Sight

M16A4 w/ M203

M16A4

I'm guessing Line Infantry units are getting M16A4s (which are converted A2s) until they recieve the M4. The M16A4 is fine for the time being, since it can mount all the cool scopes and grips that the M4 can. wink.gif

im talking about the OFFICAL army rifle. as i said some units may and use the a4. but the army's offical rifle is the a2. biggrin.gif

sory to put anyone down (i like the a4 alot and all) but it had to be done by somone. but essunly the a4 is just a a2 with a cool new handgard. biggrin.gif

and ive changed my mind about the placement of my fovorite m16(and variants) models.

#4. the a2

#3. the a1

#2. the m4

#1. the a4

strange isint it....ive become more fond of a rifle through this thread. o well. im still happy biggrin.gif

Not to mention the various scopes marines are strapped dwon with provided with for there weapons they have anything you could ever want in MEU its not just m16s...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chaztheducky @ Mar. 20 2003,22:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im talking about the OFFICAL army rifle. as i said some units may and use the a4. but the army's offical rifle is the a2. biggrin.gif

sory to put anyone down (i like the a4 alot and all) but it had to be done by somone. but essunly the a4 is just a a2 with a cool new handgard. biggrin.gif

and ive changed my mind about the placement of my fovorite m16(and variants) models.

#4. the a2

#3. the a1

#2. the m4

#1. the a4

strange isint it....ive become more fond of a rifle through this thread. o well. im still happy biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

...and a flattop reciever for mounting scopes etc. Yeah, us marine, the Army and Marines have started mounting ELCANs and ACOGs on their SAWs and M240B (M240Gs for the USMC).

yes im particully fond of a m240 with a starlite(new ones) night vision scope. perfect for catching the poor enemy bastards that cant see there hand in front of there face when its dark out in the open. biggrin.gif