Angel of heaven

Severe Lag spikes and stuttering skipping frames .

I been Playing Arma 3 for awhile now, While playing Arma3 ,   i have notices long pauses every time  when i jump into my Edited  created game that i have designed. 

Its Pause and Skip  frames  when i run or sprint sometimes. When i shoot it stutter and lag  a bit. When i plan simple war scenarios, that's when crap really hits the Fan. explosion and action really drags the game with Laaagggg frame Skips  and stutter, Its really insane . Its so Bad that its  unplayable. It kinda  even out some times but it comes back with the Lag and stutter. I really love the game but its hard for me to play. i have 200 Mods in the game right now.  I have Played without the mods, i couldn't say i have seen any changes .  i have turn down all the settings and resolution ones again nothing. i have tweaked the Arma3.cfg file still no changes. So maybe its deeper then Mods,  Cfg files,and settings . 

This is my RIg that i'm am working with

GeForce GTX 1050Ti  

Driver Version 460.79

Intel(R) Croe (TM) i7-4770 CPU@ 3.40GHz  

Ram 15.94 GB RAm 

My Monitor resolution is 1440X900,60Hz

As far as your hardware is concerned, check the free space on your hard disk. (a SSD is preferable). Don't set the resolution and video parameters to idle. On the contrary, let the GPU (graphic card) works and set as for any other game (max settings don't hurt your GC but you can follow the recommended ones in video menu).

Arma should not lag so much in vanilla and a good scenario. If you lag, you have too much mods (and I'm not sure all are well scripted), and/or the scenario is rotten (too many units and no dynamic simulation, poor scripts with unwanted loops....) . so, at this stage, do your tests.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 6:07 AM, Angel of heaven said:

I been Playing Arma 3 for awhile now, While playing Arma3 ,   i have notices long pauses every time  when i jump into my Edited  created game that i have designed. 

Its Pause and Skip  frames  when i run or sprint sometimes. When i shoot it stutter and lag  a bit. When i plan simple war scenarios, that's when crap really hits the Fan. explosion and action really drags the game with Laaagggg frame Skips  and stutter, Its really insane . Its so Bad that its  unplayable. It kinda  even out some times but it comes back with the Lag and stutter. I really love the game but its hard for me to play. i have 200 Mods in the game right now.  I have Played without the mods, i couldn't say i have seen any changes .  i have turn down all the settings and resolution ones again nothing. i have tweaked the Arma3.cfg file still no changes. So maybe its deeper then Mods,  Cfg files,and settings . 

This is my RIg that i'm am working with

GeForce GTX 1050Ti  

Driver Version 460.79

Intel(R) Croe (TM) i7-4770 CPU@ 3.40GHz  

Ram 15.94 GB RAm 

My Monitor resolution is 1440X900,60Hz

ever sort this?

• Like 1

@Angel of heaven Hi!

Most of the time, it is the streaming of textures that causes the stuttering in Arma, which is why an SSD is almost mandatory with Arma3.

In the present case, your configuration includes a CPU allowing to play in the 30/35 FPS range @ 3200/3500 m and a GPU allowing to play High/Very High Video Quality presets.

I will suggest you to run YAAB test mission on Standards settings at least 3 times and to post the results of the runs but also a screen showing the graph as displayed here ...

uw6c9S2l.jpg

Note :  i7-4790_GTX1060-3GB_16GB-1866 rig is still my Spare#2 gaming rig. I am using a 2"5 Samsung SSD SATA 500Go [W10+Arma*]  and 2"5 Crucial SSD SATA 500Go [Other Games] and a 1680x1050 24" Iiyama Prolite monitor.

• Like 1