Robert_Andrei_34

Activate spawner module with trigger

So i am making an arma 3 scenario and the players goes to talk with an ai (i am using triggers for talking) and i want after the last trigger for talking to ACTIVATE the Ravage module "Zombie Horde Placement". Can anyone help me? I tried multiple things, and syncing the module with the trigger doesn't do anything, if the trigger isn't activated zombies still spawn

Good question for @haleks

My workaround:

name your module (hord1)

set both spawn distance and spawn trigger radius to 0

in a trigger, run:

[getpos hord1,"Walkers", 35, 20, 200, 500, false,""] spawn rvg_fnc_horde_spawn

the horde type is case sensitive: "Runners"  "Walkers"  "Both"

the last param (uniforms) must be a string   "" or "[]" by default

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Good question for @haleks

My workaround:

name your module (hord1)

set both spawn distance and spawn trigger radius to 0

in a trigger, run:

[getpos hord1,"Walkers", 35, 20, 200, 500, false,""] spawn rvg_fnc_horde_spawn

the horde type is case sensitive: "Runners"  "Walkers"  "Both"

the last param (uniforms) must be a string   "" or "[]" by default

well i just tested it and it works if i need help can i contact you again? 😄 also can you tell me what all the numbers for? like what is every number for?

Same as in module:  % of crawler, radius for spawn, min dist for player...

I didn't test that but I'm quite sure you can run this code without the module (but a position as reference (here getpos hord1).

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2020 at 8:14 PM, pierremgi said:

Same as in module:  % of crawler, radius for spawn, min dist for player...

I didn't test that but I'm quite sure you can run this code without the module (but a position as reference (here getpos hord1).

ok lets say i put the horde size to 30, then 30 zombies spawn, how can i make another spawner to activate ONLY when there are no more zombies from the 1st spawner or make infinite zombies spawn???  

Why 2 spawners? As said, forget the module, you can place all repeatable/server side triggers you want with a condition like:

BLUFOR PRESENT (or your condition for players)

and in condition field

this && {"zombi" in typeOf agent _x && agent _x inArea thisTrigger && alive agent _x} count agents == 0

(here this is for the preset condition BLUFOR PRESENT and the other term is for counting zombies in area of the trigger (so the trigger must have an area)
then in on act field:

[getpos thisTrigger,"Walkers", 35, 20, 200, 500, false,""] spawn rvg_fnc_horde_spawn;

(the radius, here 200, must be consistent with the trigger area. Here 500 has no sense but must not be less than radius)

Behavior: when a blufor enters the trigger area (200 m radius) , 20 zombies are spawning. And that's all until all zombies quit the area or die. Then, 20 other zombies are spawning if there is a blufor in the area...