redarmy

AI VICs with WP's offroad do not move

Any time a vehicle has a WP generated offroad via BIS function task patrol or an random WP system,50% ish,of the time they will under no circumstances move there,regardless of how difficult the terrain is,or how flat. It makes no sense and prohibits any real waypoint system of a random nature for vehicles in a mission.Its incredible.

Test it by placing 3 tracked vehicles and using any random wp system/script you like and give the centre point a 500 or what ever you like radius,watch the random waypoints that were assigned,through zeus interface or any other way,and youll notice that whenever a vehicle is not moving,that its next WP is located on something thats not a road.

Is there any fix for this? im using a setwaypoint system to set markers that the AI will randomly choose so that i can place said markers on roads,but i cant get it to loop:

wp = group this addWaypoint [getmarkerpos selectRandom ["marker_0","marker_1","marker_2","marker_3"], 0];
wp setWaypointType "MOVE";
wp setWaypointStatements ["true", "_wp = group this addWaypoint [getmarkerpos selectRandom [""marker_0"",""marker_1"",""marker_2"",""marker_3""], 0];_wp setWaypointType ""MOVE"";"];

If anyone can explain how i loop/cycle these waypoints i would appreciate it because as of right now i have no other way to make a reliable vehicle patrol in my mission and i do not want to use mods for vehicle patrols as i need to keep things as simple as possible.

EDIT:

I use a  "while {true} do" and it locks up the game.Any alternative?

8 hours ago, redarmy said:

I use a  "while {true} do" and it locks up the game.Any alternative?

Vehicle AI is it's own beast, but you're going to need to post the rest of your code if you want to find out what you've done wrong. 

16 hours ago, beno_83au said:

Vehicle AI is it's own beast, but you're going to need to post the rest of your code if you want to find out what you've done wrong. 

That was all the code with a while true do starting it. Its fine i found a better solution. But yeah vehicle AI can be a nightmare.Im simply going to use gaurded by triggers and gaurd waypoint and stop worrying about the vics so much.

The waypoint completion depends on multiple factors like vehicle and waypoint types.

Just for move one:

The move waypoint is considered complete when the leader gets close to the waypoint, the required distance being between 1 and 500 meters depending on the leader's vehicle type (if any) and whether a player is controlling the leader.

Add the fact, the path calculation can take several seconds before the vehicle start moving, especially on long distance.

4 hours ago, pierremgi said:

The waypoint completion depends on multiple factors like vehicle and waypoint types.

Just for move one:

The move waypoint is considered complete when the leader gets close to the waypoint, the required distance being between 1 and 500 meters depending on the leader's vehicle type (if any) and whether a player is controlling the leader.

Add the fact, the path calculation can take several seconds before the vehicle start moving, especially on long distance.

Yeah i do understand the waypoint system,i read the wiki,The issue is alot of the time a typical ground tracked vehicle gets a waypoint that is offroad somewhere(lets say 500-600m away) or as close as 200,the vehicle just sits stationary...no combat behaviour,no special circumstances. If i then manually move that waypoint from the offroad position,to the nearest piece of road(which could be a close s 20 meters) the AI start to move.

Did you afford a little time for path computation? Do you have some repro? I barely saw that. Which map? which asset?

On 12/8/2020 at 8:27 AM, pierremgi said:

Did you afford a little time for path computation? Do you have some repro? I barely saw that. Which map? which asset?

This was totally vanilla and on stratis.I was testing using a bobcat and then a wheeled Marshal IFV. I did leave time for the AI to compute.I even went away,took a shower,came back and still not moving.As soon as i used Zeus to manually shift its next WP to a rad it moved.

I will check it again as i was running LAMBS danger.sqf. Though it shouldnt have affected the vehicle as it wasnt in combat nor detected any threat but il be safe and double check with it disabled.All LAMBS does to vehicles is make them face the turret to and enemy or align the whole vehicle to an enemy.As stated in his own words LAMBS doesnt interfere with waypoints.

My only other though is that it could be that Stratis terrain being so steep is somehow showing an invalid spot for the vehicle to get to.Vehicles have other less glaring issues on terrain that steep in that tracked vehicles are constantly "sliding backwads" down hills when they try to go up them,it looks like the driver is flooring the reverse pedal.