Varhastra

Esports in Arma?

I want to start off by saying that, at the time of this posting, I don't have any plan to create an Esports community for Arma 3 nor do I have any knowledge if one exists. I simply am curious if anyone thinks such a thing would be possible and how you guys think it would play out if it was a thing

Would it play out using High Command and be more of a tactics game? Or would it be more along the line of TDM (team deathmatch) games? I figured since Units appear to be such a big deal Esports might be a thing to naturally follow. Maybe not, who knows?

Also if such a community already exists please share a link to it below

Outside of antistasi and "traditional" modes, PvP TDM seems to be the focus. You'd have to search for postings on the official Discord's multiplayer events channel though, since they seem to be unit vs. unit rather than public team/FFA matches.

Bek 'n de day (which means OFP times) there were CTI (Capture The Island) leagues, and also CTF (Capture The Flag) leagues. CTI dudes moved to Arma, and this mode is still quite popular, but I have no idea if there's any "e-sport" form of it running around. BIS tried "competetive" MP with End Game mode of A3 (similiar to CTF of old) and Argo spinoff, but both of those have failed.

Organised Arma gaming seems focused more on co-op/mil-sim stuff, while game modes which require "competetive" FPS skills (KOTH being best example) seem to thrive in an anarchy. At least from my completely "outsider" perspective.

Hello @Varhastra,

If you have done a little google with keywords "eSports", "Arma 3" you would have found the Electronic Sports Masters exists since 2015 in Arma 3 to bring eSports.

Multiple successful tournaments based on Capture The Flag have been organised.

Here is our Discord https://discord.gg/93FVBrH