colddriven

How to create Geometry lod more fast & practical?

Hello,

I have more than 100+ models of buildings/apartments purchased from many 3D sites, in short, medium & large sizes. Can deal with their resolutions, roadways, memories, paths etc. all the time, there's no issue. However, it seems like a very laborious task to create geometry lods separately for each large building. Especially, if there are interior parts of the big 8-storey building for instance.

Well, it isn't what I didn't do, I always made the buildings' geometry lod beforehand by combining the various quadrilaterals manually. These were the little houses. And then they didn't cause much trouble, they didn't take my time. - But in this, when the building is so large and it has many interior parts, applying the same old method can turn into a torture. You just cannot simply create a few geometry lod square and leave model alone thereafter. Worse, it will delay the releasing date of the building pack

Would like to know if there is a more practical, faster way to create easily geometry lods for big static objects (with interiors)

Many thanks

-cdrv

didn't think there is something that helps with fast geometry lods. I make my houses geometry lods with oxygen boxes.

Ïd use better 3D modeling program like Blender. But no, there really is no special super fast way to make Arma compatible and performant geoemetry lods.
Buying models is not really a shortcut since they always need a lot of work and skill to make them work in game.