Rosso777

Looking for a [How to] Edit Map Source

I’m really just looking for a link to a tutorial on how to edit/build maps. For instance, if I wanted to edit Chernarus and make Chernarus Redux 2.0 (I don’t... CHR nailed it), I know I’d need some Arma 3 dev tools and all; but I also need a rough tutorial on how to get started. 

Any help is appreciated!

On 8/28/2020 at 4:29 PM, Rosso777 said:

I wanted to edit Chernarus and make Chernarus Redux 2.0

Correct me if I´m wrong ...... but did Chernarus Redux 2.0 not exist?

Your question (or intention) is a bit unclear for me. Do you wanna make some changes on a existing map? Or do you create a new map?

If is the second one ....... well, let me know in about 2 or 3 years if you made progress ...... map building is some of the most horror I can imagine.

On 9/11/2020 at 8:06 AM, ZN Anhor said:

Correct me if I´m wrong ...... but did Chernarus Redux 2.0 not exist?

Your question (or intention) is a bit unclear for me. Do you wanna make some changes on a existing map? Or do you create a new map?

If is the second one ....... well, let me know in about 2 or 3 years if you made progress ...... map building is some of the most horror I can imagine.

I really just want to know how to edit existing maps for now, to include even changing the terrain. I know how to use the Eden editor to add objects through the .sqf files, but I am curious about the deeper methods of creating more permanent modifications to maps.

Well, than it´s pretty easy.

You can change or delete things on the map with the Eden Editor (Click on F5 at the top right and search for the corresponding function).

You can create new things on the map by re-creating initServer.sqf (create buildings and other things with the editor) and initPlayerLocal.sqf (re-create dealers).

If you are looking for something you should find appropriate tutorials either here in the club or in the Arma 3 forum.

3 hours ago, ZN Anhor said:

If you are looking for something you should find appropriate tutorials either here in the club or in the Arma 3 forum.

That's exactly what I am in sure of. I can use the editor easily for the initServer and initPlayerLocal stuff, but I've heard rumblings over the years of people using "Arma Dev Tools" or something like that which allows actual map modification. So maybe I guess I -am- looking for some hellish map creation, after all. 🙂