Sign in to follow this  
toadlife

Operation lojack coop released

I've recently released the coop version of Operation Lojack.You can grab it at my site.

Overview:

An officer has been taken hostage by militant forces on Kolgujev. Your squad must track down him using an electronic homing device and bring him back alive.

Features:

* Group leader chooses Landing Zone (map click)

* Six possible hostage locations - Location either be chosen before the mission or picked randomly by the server

* Several difficulty levels - From extremely easy to insanely difficult.

* AI leader detection - In case of a disconenction, AI leader is automatically removed

* Smart enemies: AI enemies call the nearest group in for backup if they detect any member of your squad.

* Instant respawn (15 seconds) with the same weapon loadout you had before you died.

This is a good mission for sqads/clans who enjoy the teamwork aspect of multiplyer. It is a Baaaad mission for types who like to play rambo. Playing rambo will get you killed in this mission. Enjoy! smile.gif

excellent mission!

i´m add news my website!

by biggrin.gif

Good work Toadlife, I remember testing this with you a few months back.

RED

I had to post regarding this mission 'Lojack'.

Great mission toadlife!! Very,Imaginative scripting!!

As a co-op mission this truely rocks.

A very big thumbs up.

pynaple....out

I second that thumbs up wink.gif , it was really good fun, the Lojack device worked very well, plus the coolness factor of it. Yet to try jesus! difficulty, but plan to.

Well done toadlife.

After beta testing this bad boy many, many times, since the dawn of it becoming an MP mission (but still great as SP). I have to vouge for this mission being DAMN FUN while playing in MP. Especially when you have a good squad of guys playing, its really well done with toads signature great scripts.

*Gives the official PiNs_Da_Smoka thumbsup*

biggrin.gif

[edit]

/me stares endlessly at Skunk Monkey's signature

[/edit]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Feb. 02 2003,10:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">/me stares endlessly at Skunk Monkey's signature<span id='postcolor'>

Hold me Pins, i'm being sucked into the void.

Seems cool, except the last part.

I absolutely abhor missions with full respawn. IMHO not having respawn is one of the things that differentiate OpFlash from most run of the mill plain "shooters".

If you respawn into another team member - OK, at least it doesn't allow you to just keep rushing troops without really thinking.

But full respawn - confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (xyouthx @ Feb. 04 2003,03:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Seems cool, except the last part.

I absolutely abhor missions with full respawn. IMHO not having respawn is one of the things that differentiate OpFlash from most run of the mill plain "shooters".

If you respawn into another team member - OK, at least it doesn't allow you to just keep rushing troops without really thinking.

But full respawn - confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I fully understand your gripe. The mission did not even have respawn until the later stages of beta testing, but the overwealming majority of testers had only one complaint - that there was no respawn.

Due to popular demand, I added the respawn, but as a token to squads or teams who pride themselves on NOT dying during a mission, I added an assesment of the group's performance at the end of the mission.

The server adds all of the teams deaths up at the end of the mission, and displays the teams casualty precentage ((number of deaths) / (number of sqad members)) * 100)), and a message, such as...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Your squad's casualty percentage was 300%. A horrible effort.

<span id='postcolor'>

or...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Your squad's casualty percentage was 25%. A good effort.

<span id='postcolor'>

...is displayed.

Also the debreifings either praise you or rip you a new one, depending on how you do.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadlife @ Feb. 04 2003,23:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I fully understand your gripe. The mission did not even have respawn until the later stages of beta testing, but the overwealming majority of testers had only one complaint - that there was no respawn.<span id='postcolor'>

I'll admit i was one of those people toady. wink.gif Mainly because we were beta testing and i didn't feel like waiting tounge.gif I'd say if you do anymore updating, change the respawn for each difficulty. I know how much you love updating your code. crazy.gifbiggrin.gif

Hiya..

GREAT mission..just one small thing...

If anyone leaves in game , and becomes AI , then the helo will NOT leave at the end unless ALL players who started are on board...This has happened to us a few times now...its a pain to drag the AI guy around, so we send em back to base, meaning the mission never completes...any way of changing that so we can REQUEST the extract?

Very enjoyable mission though , and great for teamwork training ...

Padman

www.vs-uk.net

Don't send your AI guy back to the base!

wink.gif

Actually, I've run into what your describing once. During testing. an AI dude got stuck somewhere are one of the teammembers had to run back 2km and nudge him on. mad.gif

But then I was playing the resistance campaign the other day and the mission wouldn't end because of the same thing. I had to run back a mile or so, to get my AI to move. mad.gif

Other than having dragging your AI man around, I could change it so that it removes all AI men regardless of weather they are the group leader or not.

I'm not one to release new versions of my missions every two weeks though, but I'll keep that in mind. I'm sure with all the feedback I'll release another version in a few months.

More of an annoyance, than a bug.