Coladebote

Random spawn group of players

Pierre, I really appreciate your help. You know I edit missions for a group of friends, without further aspirations. I don't know anything about programming. Four things that allow me to edit without loading the map, so that the performance of the server does not drop too much. When I encounter a problem, like now, I search the internet, I search in this forum and if I find nothing that works, then I consult. There are times that with your help I solve the problem and sometimes I don't. When the obstacle cannot be jumped, it must be skirted. Anyway, we must not lose sight that all this, for me, is just a game. I am of letters.

Greetings from the Mediterranean coast. Spain, Europe.

You did not create initPlayerlocal.sqf.

Also, with this system you do NOT need to sync any units to any markers. Just place your units and markers and the init files will take care of the rest.

I do this thing all the time. Just use my instruction in post 2 of this thread.

• Thanks 1

Hi Joe98, your system works perfectly. I have tried it on the server with another player and we both appear at the same point.

We have tried twice and both times we have appeared at the same point, I suppose it will be somewhat random.

I think I have followed your instructions correctly, in any case, I am attaching the link so that you can download the file in case you want to verify it. You don't need addons.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CuuYHtHr16jGf9xCuu7ywQkW1QFnsazf/view?usp=sharing

Thank you

14 hours ago, Joe98 said:

I do this thing all the time. Just use my instruction in post 2 of this thread.

You don't need any trigger for that.

As your leader is teleported randomly at start, same result with:

if (isServer) then {this spawn {sleep 0.5; _this setpos getpos leader _this} };

in init field of the non-leader units.

If you want to wait for a leader player, so no teleport until leader is player, forget the links on markers, name markers and:

if (isServer) then { this spawn {waitUntil {sleep 0.5; isPlayer _this}; _this setPos getMarkerPos selectRandom ["mk1","mk2","mk3","mk4"]; {_x setPos getPos _this} forEach (units _this - [_this]) }};

in init field of the leader this time. Check for your own marker names.

There is no difficulty for these behaviors except for thinking about what is the expected result for MP.

• Thanks 1

Pierre, as expected, your contribution works perfectly.

This form is much more elaborate and, at the same time, simpler than the previous one, it requires less architecture.

There is nothing like mastering a subject. I leave the link so that anyone interested can download the file and see it.

Thanks again, Pierre.

TEST MISSION LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WogESbE8RkN8k2tgwOi68dhZ8_RgAdTz/view?usp=sharing