LSValmont

Unable to catch some objects via cursorTarget/Object

I've added addActions to these two objects ("Land_Razorwire_F" and "RoadBarrier_F") yet still they don't show nor I can get both via cursorTarget/cursorObject. All other objects work fine.

Spoiler

no-Add-Action.jpg

Is this because those object's real centers are somehow underground? Or what is the problem or is it a bug?

UPDATE: Found another such object: I can addActions to "Land_Camping_Light_F" and it shows just fine but it doesn't work for its OFF version: "Land_Camping_Light_off_F".

Weird, it seems the model coordinates [0,0,0] are where you would expect them. I confirm no return from cursorTarget for those two objects. I do get a return for the two camping lights.

• Like 1

Try looking at the metal bars on the barbed wire, I've noticed on some objects like fences that the 2D decal won't return an object, but the 3D part of it will. (If that makes any sense)

• Like 1

cursorTarget only returns objects that you know about, as these are inactive, small objects it might not return them.

cursorObject returns the object that you are looking at, meaning that the center of your screen intersects with its geometry, if you just look a bit too far left/right or directly through a hole in the model, it won't return it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1