Gunter Severloh

Server & Administration Guides & Tutorials Compilation List

Server & Administration Guides & Tutorials Compilation List

Last Update: July,12th, 2022

This is a compilation of Arma3 server and administration guides and tutorials for the community, the list is set in alphabetical order

and there is no numerical order to the list, the numbers to the left of each number is only there as a

an associative reference.

This list i dont consider complete in terms of "all" the guides and tutorials out there, this is just what i have collected in my own search

i hope this helps save the community alot of time in setting up a server and anything else related, if there are any other

guides and tutorials that are not on my list here please let me know and i will add them to the list. Cheers!

Dedicated Server Guides & Tutorials

1. [GUIDE] Server Owner w/ infiSTAR, Eden & DMS - Exilemod Server tweaks
  2. [Tutorial] Server bandwidth & Optimization
  3. ARMA 3 - LinuxGSM
  4. Arma 3 - LinuxGSM_ How to setup Headless Client
  5. Arma 3 Dedicated Server
  6. Dedicated Client / Headless Client feedback (dev branch)
  7. Dedicated server - status
  8. How to Configure your ARMA 3 Server - All Options Explained
  9. Steam Community :: Guide :: Arma 3 Dedicated Server Guide 2020 [Windows]
  10. Tutorial: Installation & Configuration of ArmA3 Dedicated Server
  11. How to Set Up an ARMA 3 Server in 10 Steps

Headless Client Guides & Tutorials

1. Arma 3 Headless Client 1
  2. Arma 3 Headless Client 2
  3. How to setup a Headless client
  4. ArmA 3 server commands - Citadel Servers Wiki
  5. Arma 3 STABLE server 1.98 "performance binary" feedback

Misc Server information

1. DSCheckSignatures
  2. DSCreateKey
  3. Globally banned by BattlEye? See this
  4. How to enable Steam Workshop support in Server Browser
  5. Linux Dedicated Server feedback
  6. New BattlEye Feature: Mission-specific Script/Event Filters
  7. Port Forwarding for Arma 3 Regular Expression (Regex) Support for BE Filters
  8. Steam Community :: Guide :: Admin Debug Console Guide for Public Zeus
  9. v2 Signatures (BIsign and BIkey), what is it, and why do you need it?

Port Forwarding Guides:

1. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server#Port_Forwarding

2. https://portforward.com/arma-3/

3. https://armaguides.com/2018/05/31/how-to-port-forward-an-arma-3-server/

4. http://damteam.proboards.com/thread/974/host-dedicated-personal-arma-server

5. https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/35220315821643648/

Server Tools

Spoiler

Administration & Server creation

Spoiler

Administration

1. A3_HidePlayableContent - Hides all A3 SP and MP missions and campaigns from BI. This is useful if you want to unclutter the mission selection.
  2. Flax's Arma Server Tool (F.A.S.T.) - a tool to automate at least some of process of installing an Arma 3 server and managing workshop mods.
  3. FAST2 - Arma Server and Steam Workshop Tool - an extensive rewrite of FAST, which was a project started to help automate and speed up the deployment of Arma 3 servers on Windows.
  4. Password Keychain - Plug-n-play mod that remembers passwords for servers you've joined. Password management UI included.
  5. NodeBB Mission/Event Attendance & Slotting Plugins
  6. VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3 - VTS allow the Game master(s) to create multiplayers cooperatives missions in real time (players connected). with a lot of short cuts to make it quickly.

Server Creation

1. Arma 3 Server Config Generator - Generate your own server configs easily.

Banning

Spoiler
  1. Web based Rcon player banning system - a few scripts for ArmA 3 and other web based supporting applications.

Battleye

Spoiler
  1. Online Steam ID to BattlEye GUID Converter - simple online utility to convert Steam ID to BattlEye GUID.

Server Database

Spoiler
  1. Stats Server and Client API with support for SQL, and NoSQL databases a stats/persistence system for Linux or Windows Arma 3 dedicated server.

Server Logs

Spoiler
  1. ExtLOG (Multi Logfile + Console) extension - a simple async logger with support for multiple logfiles files and output to GUI Console.
  2. Simple BeLog reader - a program that transforms that plain boring text into a nice structured table.

Server Scripts

Spoiler
  1. Node.js Extension for Arma 3 (sock.sqf, sock.dll, sock-rpc)
  2. Node.js is a platform built on Chrome's JavaScript runtime for easily building fast, scalable network

applications. Node.js uses an event-driven, non-blocking I/O model that makes it lightweight and

efficient, perfect for data-intensive real-time applications that run across distributed devices.

Credits

I dedicate this thread to those who have created the guides, tutorials and tools on this thread

and thank you for your work, i hope my list here will enable the community to appreciate the work

that these members have contributed to our great game here!

Edited by Gunter Severloh
Updated - removed several links that were from Armaholic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update

Removed all listings that were linked to Armaholic 😥

Thanks to Cloaker_JTF for the tip!

• Like 1