SCCLoot

SCCLoot adds simple, configurable loot spawning to any Arma 3 mission.

Got feedback/suggestions, or using this script in your mission? Get in touch!

Features

• Completely open-source and redistributable.
  • Easily editable loot tables and parameters.
  • Building blacklist to stop specific structures from spawning loot.
  • 5 default categories for loot (Civilian/Industrial/Military/Medical/Supermarket) with the ability to add your own.
  • Customisable per-building loot-spawning positions. Want to make street lamps spawn loot? You can!
  • Spawn loot in pre-placed containers and boxes.

Supported

• Arma 3 Terrains (incl. Tanoa and Livonia)
  • CUP Terrains

Installation

1. Place the 'SCCLoot' folder inside the root mission directory.
  2. Add the following line to your mission's init.sqf:
[] execVM "SCCLoot\lootInit.sqf";

Configuration

SCCLoot is designed to be highly customisable and configurable - there are several config files that can be edited to alter it's behaviour. More information can be found inside the README.TXT file.

License

This script is released under the BSD 2-Clause License. You are free to modify and redistribute it, provided you keep the original copyright notice. For more information, see LICENSE.TXT in the script directory.

Download • GitHub

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, samscodeco said:

SCCLoot

SCCLoot adds simple, configurable loot spawning to any Arma 3 mission.

Got feedback/suggestions, or using this script in your mission? Get in touch!

Congrats on the release @samscodeco!

So far what buildings are supported?

I assume Altis/Malden's buildings.

How about?

Tanoa?

Livonia?

CUP?

11 hours ago, LSValmont said:

Congrats on the release @samscodeco!

So far what buildings are supported?

Thanks! So far, Altis and Stratis are supported out-of-the-box, however over the next few days I'll be adding support for all structures from Arma 3 (Malden/Livonia/Tanoa) and CUP (Arma, Arma 2 + OA).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, samscodeco said:

Thanks! So far, Altis and Stratis are supported out-of-the-box, however over the next few days I'll be adding support for all structures from Arma 3 (Malden/Livonia/Tanoa) and CUP (Arma, Arma 2 + OA).

You are a godsend!

PS: This is another LOOT script that work incredibly well: 

The only issue it had is that it spawned loot in the air on some buildings and lacked CUP support.

So if your script fixes those "in air" spawns while supporting CUP and gets as good performance as dodzh LootSystem script then you've got a winner in your hands @samscodeco😉 

1 hour ago, LSValmont said:

The only issue it had is that it spawned loot in the air on some buildings and lacked CUP support.

The floating loot spawns are fixed in SCCLoot - the trade-off being that some items will currently sink through the floor in a few specific buildings. Although, this should eventually be fixed once all of the buildings where this happens are identified. Adding support for Arma 3 DLC terrains and CUP are currently a priority - with a long-term goal being to add support for as many mods as possible.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2020 at 3:49 AM, samscodeco said:

The floating loot spawns are fixed in SCCLoot - the trade-off being that some items will currently sink through the floor in a few specific buildings. Although, this should eventually be fixed once all of the buildings where this happens are identified. Adding support for Arma 3 DLC terrains and CUP are currently a priority - with a long-term goal being to add support for as many mods as possible.

It is far better and less immersion breaking to have loot under buildings rather than floating in the air. (Unless you are playing CONTACT that is 🤣)

Hey, I know this is an old thread but I have a problem. When I add any extra loot to the array it causes the code to break. Is it not suppose to look like this...

// Medical loot
scclootMedical = [
    ["herl_u_bloodbag75",60]
    ["herl_u_vitamins8",50]
];

Any help would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, awallacer said:

Hey, I know this is an old thread but I have a problem. When I add any extra loot to the array it causes the code to break. Is it not suppose to look like this...

// Medical loot
scclootMedical = [
    ["herl_u_bloodbag75",60]
    ["herl_u_vitamins8",50]
];

Any help would be appreciated!

Okay so...I'm kinda retarded. Comma's exist for a reason folks, put comma's after each entry, the fact it took me this long to realize thats what's wrong is sad.

Hello, how does the spawn chance works? Does it have to be 100 in total in each loot category? And when players meet, does the loot duplicate or will it spawn only for one player (but will be accessible for both)?

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 2:21 PM, UnDeaD. said:

Hello, how does the spawn chance works? Does it have to be 100 in total in each loot category? And when players meet, does the loot duplicate or will it spawn only for one player (but will be accessible for both)?

If the RNG rolls 0.5, for example, all items with a spawn chance of 50% and over have the potential to spawn. The rarest out of the potential items will be chosen. If there are multiple items of the same rarity, one will be picked at random.

Giving items 100% spawn chance will mean there are no empty loot spots.

Loot doesn't get duplicated - when a player gets within range of a building, it will spawn loot, and that building won't spawn loot again until all players have moved away from it.

On 3/24/2021 at 4:36 AM, Slay No More said:

Is this script \ mod still being developed? 

It is! I'm always open to feature suggestions. You can grab the most up-to-date version from Github.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Magnificent work! Best loot spawning system for me. I was tinkering with it for a little and thought it would be nice to bring loot spawn chances up but dilute loot pool with some "junk" objects from the Things category. I thought it could add some depth to the mission environment. However, things from this category simply wouldn't spawn. I wasn't able to modify it properly (due to the current lack of time) and decided to reach the author, @samscodeco if possible, could you please look into this?