Kim Turtle

Discord Ban

Hello!

I just got banned from the Arma Discord for "Discord TOS violation, age limit. You are welcome to come back when you are old enough to use discord."
This was because I jokingly posted this Reddit post in #offtopic-arma

My username Edward#3021

Edited by Kim Turtle
fix link

1 hour ago, Kim Turtle said:

This was because I jokingly posted this Reddit post in #offtopic-arma

No it wasn't.

You were banned because a moderator specifically asked you "Can you confirm that you are 12 years old?" and you replied "yes" which makes it a Discord TOS violation, you cannot use Discord if you are under 13 years old.

It is a temporary ban, you are free to come back once you are old enough.

1 minute ago, Dedmen said:

No it wasn't.

You were banned because a moderator specifically asked you "Can you confirm that you are 12 years old?" and you replied "yes" which makes it a Discord TOS violation, you cannot use Discord if you are under 13 years old.

So I must now confirm that I'm 13 years or older?

Just now, Kim Turtle said:

So I must now confirm that I'm 13 years or older?

No, I don't see why, you already confirmed that you are under 13, that seems sufficient for me.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dedmen said:

No, I don't see why, you already confirmed that you are under 13, that seems sufficient for me.

Using that logic, if I confirm that I am 13 years or older, that would be sufficient. I would be able to change my age anytime I want.

Okey okey. Just to clarify.

You just admitted to trolling/spamming, despite having received a warning from a moderator when you did the exact same thing last week.

And you just admitted to lying to a moderator who tried to confirm your age.

And now you want to be unbanned because "it was all a joke" ?

Did I get this right?

Here is a copy which I got sent by a Discord Team member where he confirmed that I won't receive any repercussions for "confirming I am 12 years old". So you guys don't have to worry about not following Discord's ToS, suffice to say I think this should be enough to unban me. As this was the sole reason you banned me from the Discord according to yourself. https://i.imgur.com/gZyDY4j.png

On 6/7/2020 at 2:58 AM, Kim Turtle said:

Here is a copy which I got sent by a Discord Team member where he confirmed that I won't receive any repercussions for "confirming I am 12 years old". So you guys don't have to worry about not following Discord's ToS, suffice to say I think this should be enough to unban me. As this was the sole reason you banned me from the Discord according to yourself. https://i.imgur.com/gZyDY4j.png 

What they said, is that when someone reports you for that to discord trust&safety, they won't instant ban you, but instead probably let you confirm your age.
That has no implications on the fact that we have to follow ToS.

Well then as they do, let me confirm my age, and we'll be on our way with this small problem.

18 hours ago, Kim Turtle said:

Well then as they do, let me confirm my age, and we'll be on our way with this small problem.

I like the casual 'we' thrown in, since you are the only one with a problem. Maybe clean up your attitude a little before participating in the adult world, it will work much better, I promise 😉

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, joostsidy said:

I like the casual 'we' thrown in, since you are the only one with a problem. Maybe clean up your attitude a little before participating in the adult world, it will work much better, I promise 😉

The only ones having an attitude here is you guys tbh. Instead of resolving this confrontation, and allowing me to confirm I have not broken Discord's ToS, you are just being a dick with saying "participating in the adult world".
It's clear you're the one having an attitude just from this sentence.

2 hours ago, Kim Turtle said:

The only ones having an attitude here is you guys tbh. Instead of resolving this confrontation, and allowing me to confirm I have not broken Discord's ToS, you are just being a dick with saying "participating in the adult world".
It's clear you're the one having an attitude just from this sentence.

There is no confrontation, there is just one guy, you, that is apparently in need of help.

Instead of asking for help you are trying to tell other people what they should do, how to think and that you think you know better how rules should be applied. How about starting with a apology? Also isn't your profile picture a symbol of unhelpful and deceitful behaviour? IMO it does not help your case.. 😉

• Like 3

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that proving you didn't break the ToS means the Arma Discord admins have to unban you. Your attitude here simply gives them more reason not to. 

• Like 1

So proving my ban was a false ban isn't going to get me unbanned. Well then there was no hope in me getting unbanned from the beginning. You can close this thread as it's a lost case.

Just so long as you have not learned anything from this experience 🙄

• Like 1

Feeling a bit high and mighty? What am I supposed to learn from being banned unfairly? That we world is unfair? That the Discord's staff are biased and can't do their job properly?

12 hours ago, Kim Turtle said:

Oh dear. It seems I've been a bit of a bellend recently.

I've checked my entitlement and my privilege and they both clearly need adjusting.

It's been grim here in lockdown but I know it's for a good reason. Likewise, I've come to perceive, rules are there to protect me and others.

I want to take this opportunity to thank those unpaid people who do what they do because they want to make this a better place for everyone.

I like to think I am able to give to the community too.

My true age is [insert number here] and I humbly request my ban status be looked upon favourably.

Fixed that for you.

• Like 3

On 4/7/2020 at 11:59 AM, Dedmen said:

6 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Fixed that for you.

As you can see here, even if I would've said what you said "My true age is [insert number here? And I humbly request my ban status be looked upon favourably."

That wouldn't have done shit. Get off your high horse, I already tried to confirm my actual age, but he just doesn't want me unbanned.

And now I'm the one that has to apologize for being banned unfairly? Don't know what world you live in, but seeing as most people don't live in a dictatorship it doesn't work that way.

I tried to do it the normal way, by trying to confirm my actual age, but when dedmen clearly said he wouldn't allow me to confirm my age. What else could I do by then? Would help if you look at it from other people's point of view.

1 hour ago, Kim Turtle said:

I tried to do it the normal way

On 4/7/2020 at 9:07 AM, Dedmen said:

You just admitted to trolling/spamming, despite having received a warning from a moderator when you did the exact same thing last week.

Consider that portion of Ded's response. 

Even if it was all in error and you had never received a prior warning, it is "normal" to enter into this sort of conversation with at least a suggestion of humility.

• Like 1

I already changed your ban reason last sunday, from underage, to repeated trolling/spamming despite prior warnings and reduced your bantime (sorry forgot to tell). Just wait till its over.

I took your non-answer and repeated stance on "I'm not 12" as a confirmation to my

On 4/7/2020 at 3:07 PM, Dedmen said:

Okey okey. Just to clarify.

And you just admitted to lying to a moderator who tried to confirm your age.

And now you want to be unbanned because "it was all a joke" ?

Did I get this right?

question.

Could've gotten this done quicker if you didn't wait 2 months to confirm my question.

Repeated rule violations after multiple warnings have a lower temp ban time than a ToS violation, though your next violation will yield a permanent ban.

When deciding between temp or perm ban, one-time offenses like age violation aren't taken as much into account as repeated prior rule violations and ignorance of warnings are.

The former being a one-time messup, the latter showing a systemic problem with the user itself that warnings and punishments can't fix.