AceWonder

Adding weapon cleaning kits

I thought of the idea there should be more emphasis on weapon maintenance with stockpile weapons at your shelter. I know many players stockpile weapons to have ready for encounters but i think there should be added feature to actually upkeep the weapons that you have stockpiled at your shelter. Maybe there can be a added cleaning kit item that we have to find in encounters to be able to help maintain weapons we have stockpiled. So with that being said, weapons that are not cleaned after so long become faulty or no-good which forces you to destroy it for parts. Tell me your thoughts on this

1 hour ago, AceWonder said:

I thought of the idea there should be more emphasis on weapon maintenance with stockpile weapons at your shelter. I know many players stockpile weapons to have ready for encounters but i think there should be added feature to actually upkeep the weapons that you have stockpiled at your shelter. Maybe there can be a added cleaning kit item that we have to find in encounters to be able to help maintain weapons we have stockpiled. So with that being said, weapons that are not cleaned after so long become faulty or no-good which forces you to destroy it for parts. Tell me your thoughts on this

You must be a developer for this game or something. 

That's the most anti-player thing I've seen on these forums so far. 

Forcing people to maintain weapons when they might only be on once a week or in a while? What and they'll cost crowns for cleaning ingredients too or something?

If you're not aware the majority of weapons cost over 10k materials and more than half of them aren't worth the 10 times price of a common weapon.

And you want people to have to spend even more? Making their hard earned stuff turn into shit over time? 

Do you not know how greedy this game already is? You might as well give them your damn wallet if you want them to take more from us because they take enough already.

They grinded everything that used to be given to us down into nothing.

The most expensive gun only used to be in the 4k material range now it's up to 16k, ammo used to cost only 6 a piece max, now it's upwards of 20-40 per damn bullet. 
Crates used to reward loads of guns, now special issue crates give 5 fake glints and john knives in some rolls which is garbage I've even heard of poukko parts being in them. They also force upon us random cosmetics to dilute the pools. 
Antennas used to give 20 crowns a day now it's a bit more than a quarter of that.
Some daily challenges used to give 135 crowns, now it's down to 10 for the same challenge, they took from us 13 times the value of our time. 
Food crates at one point would give 6 military grade crates, 6 rare crates and more for minimal effort, now they made it take tens of thousands of food to get maybe half (if you're lucky) of what was offered before.
They also took map choice away from us and show absolutely no care of changing it back despite huge backlash. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the devs wholeheartedly agree with you on this post just cause it's so anti-consumer.
Next they'll make it so you have to maintain your shelter upgrades or they break into level 0, then they'll add food and water you also have to get to keep your character alive despite encounters being less than 10 minutes long. 
And they'll also probably add keys for crates so you have to pay to open them along with already having to gamble for the chance to get the crate which gambles for your rolls also because RNG machine.
Oh and maybe they'll add a disease "feature" too that makes your character permadie and lose everyfuckingthing you worked towards unless you pay gold to cure them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

For starters ive been playing since the start and the whole idea of the game is survival so adding this element makes tons of sense; now the bigger question is how should it be implemented. The developers have no control over how much a individual plays the game, so you can not blame them for not being able to complete a time sensitive task that the game requires. That's like saying they need to add more days to the battlepass time because you didn't play the game for a week, cmon. Now for your argument to adjust some of the weapons craft time and cost is debatable for adjustments I agree. This is suppose to be a survival game at the end of the day so any elements or ideas that can help enhance that experience should be considered but about implementing this is the challenge. I don't think that being able to buy the cleaning kits with crowns or obtained through the battlepass should be offered. I think the cleaning kits should only be obtained by purely and only looting in encounters, which would force more emphasis on looting for valuable items. This could also add another improvement item to a shelter level, they could add a "weapons cache" improvement for like shelter level 3; so leveling this up could extend the duration of the weapon's durability/life before they get broken into parts. Adding the cleaning kits as a new lootable item that is required to upgrade this would add more depth to the looting experience, while also adding more things to do for players. So lets say a fully leveled up "weapons cache" could make weapons last for 4days before broken down into parts, and the parts can be reused to craft the same weapon once enough required parts are collected. So for example to craft a silver pigeon requires 4 parts and you had 4 silver pigeons that just got broken down into parts and each one gave you 1 part a piece then you would atleast have enough to make another silver pigeon or maybe you only got 2 parts but found the other 2 in a encounter. I think this idea could add more value to the core element of the game. As for the other things with the crown situation and such, Ive had my own disagreements with some of the changes also but some things as players we just cant control. Adding more survival like elements to the game would only make the game truly standout and overall become a better game.

3 hours ago, AceWonder said:

For starters ive been playing since the start and the whole idea of the game is survival so adding this element makes tons of sense; now the bigger question is how should it be implemented. The developers have no control over how much a individual plays the game, so you can not blame them for not being able to complete a time sensitive task that the game requires. That's like saying they need to add more days to the battlepass time because you didn't play the game for a week, cmon. Now for your argument to adjust some of the weapons craft time and cost is debatable for adjustments I agree. This is suppose to be a survival game at the end of the day so any elements or ideas that can help enhance that experience should be considered but about implementing this is the challenge. I don't think that being able to buy the cleaning kits with crowns or obtained through the battlepass should be offered. I think the cleaning kits should only be obtained by purely and only looting in encounters, which would force more emphasis on looting for valuable items. This could also add another improvement item to a shelter level, they could add a "weapons cache" improvement for like shelter level 3; so leveling this up could extend the duration of the weapon's durability/life before they get broken into parts. Adding the cleaning kits as a new lootable item that is required to upgrade this would add more depth to the looting experience, while also adding more things to do for players. So lets say a fully leveled up "weapons cache" could make weapons last for 4days before broken down into parts, and the parts can be reused to craft the same weapon once enough required parts are collected. So for example to craft a silver pigeon requires 4 parts and you had 4 silver pigeons that just got broken down into parts and each one gave you 1 part a piece then you would atleast have enough to make another silver pigeon or maybe you only got 2 parts but found the other 2 in a encounter. I think this idea could add more value to the core element of the game. As for the other things with the crown situation and such, Ive had my own disagreements with some of the changes also but some things as players we just cant control. Adding more survival like elements to the game would only make the game truly standout and overall become a better game.

Full stops, commas and paragraphs go a long way... All I see is a WALL of text.

That aside, I think it's a terrible idea to have to have up keep on virtual weapons.

You want to implement something that punishes a player who may only play once or twice a week, this game needs things to bring people to the game not drive them away.

They're doing a good enough job of that without adding something like your idea...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AceWonder said:

I know you want to add something to the game but this would only make the experience "better" for masochist-type people. 

I am not a masochist whatsoever and also this game (sort of) tries to be realistic, guns do not turn into dust within a weeks time. I've heard an AK-47 can be left in the mud for years and still function.

Eklab is also right, this will drive a lot of people away from the game.

I really doubt it'll make the game "standout" in the way you imagine, it'd be unique in the way that it kills the game because there are a LOT of people that hate having their hard-earned stuff just turn into dust.

This is a survival game, so how does adding more survival elements to the game would be bad??? Makes no sense..To be realistic, most guns do have to be upkept and cleaned in real life to maintain proper function. So this isn't too far fetched of an idea and many ideas have been added that I don't like but that doesn't mean im gonna stop playing the game. That's your own choice. You have to learn to adjust and adapt to the changes to any game you play.

2nd off I just gave a scenario of how it can be implemented, doesn't mean it couldn't be changed maybe instead of being the guns being broken down into parts

it could affect your weapons durability with malfunctions causing them to get jammed in encounters. Who knows...

If adding more survival centric elements to the game scares people off then there playing the wrong game expecting something else. if you just want them to add more things that dont relate to theme of the game then go play fornite, apex or warzone, ect. Survival games are suppose to punish those who don't upkeep and maintain certain features and elements that play a key role to the game, which happen to be guns in this one. So an idea like this can reward those players who actually put more time and attention to detail in the game.

Just read this thread in it's entirety.

Basically anyone who spends time on here is entitled to post their views. So all power to you for doing so. Having said that, I agree with the general consensus of the replies, insomuch as I currently find it an unnecessary and time consuming distraction.

In my view this game has transitioned from a fairly straightforward shelter building survival looter, which included the option to take on other outlanders and try for the drop if you so desired. Into a seriously over engineered headless chicken shooter looter, with shelter development basically on the back burner.

If you had said bring back slower radiation, get rid of most of the cosmetic items (fake glint, personal signal locator etc) that have been added simply to encourage players to spend money to get the plans, slow down movement speed and bring back map selection. I would have been right behind you. In fact probably right alongside you.

I think I can understand that through your suggestion your looking for a more a emersive experience. I can see how some would see that as attractive. I think if there was a companion smartphone app, that allowed players to log into their shelters to collect food, materials and crowns, as well as performing the type of maintenance tasks your suggesting, then you would probably get more traction.

I know we are all pretty much confined to barracks at the moment, but under normal conditions most outlanders log on simply to play, not to do time consuming maintenance tasks.

• Like 1

Aye okay let’s have weapon kits for the 800 or so weapons in my inventory I’d very much like to clean every one of them 6 hours at a time please.....no not in a million years much as has been said by others we appreciate someone still actually trying to come up with ideas, fact of the matter is the game is running it’s course now.

What we would also call “end of development cycle” the games been out awhile as we know and frankly I think even the devs are running out of ideas as one rare dev posted in another thread their basically thinking about what they can do to improve the game, basically scratching heads is what it amounts to. I honestly give this maybe a year or so in the development cycle or so before it’s ultimately put on the back shelf in favour of new games and projects. I don’t see it improving, I haven’t felt the urge to play it anymore and frankly all kinds of new highly anticipated games are coming out this year which people will more likely want to play rather than literally anything the devs come up with to try and bring people back here.

Hell even if they gave us literally everything the community asked for and rolled back the good old times and gave amazing features the game is already heading towards dead anyway, not gonna compete with games like, oooh i don’t know ones that star Keanu reeves if you catch my drift. Anyways here’s to the gold old vigor RIP! 💰👍