Ex3B

Making Static weapons stay static when firing

So I recently ported and modified Arma 2's M119 Howitzer, for use as a sling-loadable static AT gun, using the 105mm cannon  weapon already present in A3's game files (left over from the old version of the Slammer UP).

The problem is that it slides a lot when firing. I moved the rearmost landcontact point back, and increased the model mass from about 750 kg to 3950 kg, and it then moved only a little when firing 105mm HEAT shells.

Then I loaded 105mm APFSDS rounds into it, and it was sliding all over the place when firing. I don't want to increase the mass any more than I already have, because I want it to be air-liftable by Ghost hawks and Mohawks. I'd even like to make it lighter so that Hellcats and Orcas can lift it.

Is there anything else I can change to make it move less ? Will I have to make a custom weapon for it with less recoil?

You would have to make custom magazines with reduced muzzleImpulseForce to have it working correctly and then add those new magazines to weapon so, unless you want to override vanilla class, it would be actually better to make new weapon too.

Yea, in the end I made a new weapon inheriting from the vanilla 105mm... Just as well because no HE shells were defined for the vanilla one.

I have different method for that:   change mass of vehicles for example 10x and change center of mass to for example [0,0,-2], for me it solve all progblems even with jumping MGs on buildings.