ssk001991

PM pistol mid range tips.

I think I discovered something big on the shooting range today with the pm. If you aim at the scarecrows at mid range just at the bottom of the huge hill (not up on the hill) and watch where your shots actually hit you'll notice that it kicks up and to the right quite a bit even when pacing your shots. But what I noticed is that if you aim at the left side of their lower torso from your perspective (about where a persons lower ribs would be in real life) when you shoot in will kick up and to the right and hits the head fairly often. It's not 100% consistent but it happened enough that I think I am on to something. Will do more testing and I will start testing long range soon then post a update if I find any more tricks.

• Like 2

I’ve noticed this with the pm and a few other guns can’t physically complete certain shooting range challenges due to frustrating hit registration on the targets. Point black range the pm can’t hit the closest left plate for example in PM1 crosshairs right over it, full clip, nothing, wont break. Not a recoil thing it just doesn’t register, maybe a map mesh tweak gone a bit wrong?

Ah, with that plate you have to shoot it at it's 9 o clock postion if it were a face of a clock. (Left side)

• Thanks 1

Here is a real tip about the PM and every pistol in the game.....

Don't use them.

Not even worth the weight they add to a kit. 

1 hour ago, wyvern01 said:

Don't use them.

Yeah, generally rifles are a better choice but if you wanted to conserve more weapons and materials pistols are a option for that purpose as they are cheap to craft and if your good with them you can still get kills and then just loot rifles off your victims.

5 hours ago, wyvern01 said:

Don't use them.

This is true for all but the Magnum.

Well that's if you get a smooth server of course...

I love the fact that every shot staggers and it can take down any foe if you get the first shot in and get a clean follow up to finish.

But with server stability not a given I rarely run it.