Sign in to follow this  
Milkman

How do you hide radio messages?

Hello again, today i am trying to figure out to hide a radio message until a certain trigger is activated. I have ried many things over the past 3 hours and cant seem to get it to work. Can anyone help me out?confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

enableRadio false

<span id='postcolor'>

damn, it was that simple *hits head with printed command reference* oh wait i just remebered somthing(thanks to hitting head with command reference), that wasnt it! I was talking about Radio Alpha and all of that stuff because i know how to turn the radio off so i dont hear it, but i was talking about how to hide say a radio message that said "call in airsupport" untill a soviet tank entered a certain trigger, thats what i ment, sorry.

hmmm, but is it still visible when you press 0-0 in the game? I'm not sure...

I think you should put something in the radio alpha trigger's condition field so that it waits for the condition to be true before activating. I'm only guessing, but that should keep it from creating the radio channel from the beginning AFAIK. At least this works with other trigger types.

i am going to try to put in some false commands in the condition field, but it is still kinda frustraiting. I have been having problems with my game lately.

Even if a radio command cannot be triggered (ie, condition will still evaluate to FALSE), it will still appear. You can get around this.

I suggest you don't hit yourself with the comref and instead read the fine print... wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">index setRadioMsg text

<snip>

Description:

Set radio message (0, 0, map radio) to given text. Use "NULL" to disable radio slot. <span id='postcolor'>

so...

for RADIO ALPHA

CONDITION: this && allowstrike

in init.sqs

"0" setRadioMsg "null"

allowstrike = false

When you want it to be usable,

allowstrike = true

"0" setRadioMsg "Call Air Support"

player groupchat "We need support.. better call for a strike"

The groupchat is just so that the player knows they suddenly have a radio option. wink.gif

I'm not able to test this solution right now (it's from memory) but it should work.

You can also do something like

"0" setRadioMsg "Not Available"

or

"0" setRadioMsg "-------------"

& if you use a boolean variable condition (like the allowstrike example) nothing will happen if the player tries it.

Cheers,

CareyBear

Thanks CareyBear, it really helped out. Now back to that blasted overview...

but can we make it so Only the leader of the Group can see it ?