Sign in to follow this  
lukemax

Roger young!

yes....... of course you are.....................

its ok, we're just going to put this white coat onto you now..... no no, its ok.......

U have another addon in progress at the mo and I think both of them are you conning us.

It's a spaceship...

Why the hell would you want to make a spaceship for OFP?

Dropships and the like fine,those are atmospheric,but the Roger Young is a full fledged spaceship.

Post pics if you're making something,this is like saying nothing.

What we are doing is we will use setpos to 2000 when you start the misson you drop from the spceship to earth when you get to 1000 feet in gos to day time! and you land on the planet ETC!

PS ive sent pics to CZ and ORG but there not putting them up!

I found the screenshot you sent them.........

ry3.jpg

ry2.jpg

ry1.jpg

tounge.gif

I understand why they didn't put them up lukey.....

EDIT

I edit stuff when I want to add extra to my post.

What'd be cool is to have it as a wreck on a new island. Kind of like the Pillar Of Autumn near the end of Halo. It'd be cool to have a cargo bay or something blown open so you can fight inside.

It'd make an awesome campaign. Kinda steal the initial story of Robotech with an alien ship crashing on a remote island and then 10 years later the aliens come to get it...

Or something similar to Tiberian Sun where you have to defend the alien ship that Nod wants

Starship Troopers book,make no mention of that lowly distillation of a movie smile.gif

Uh... ok first off how would you move inside? You couldn't unless it was stationary...and if you figure out how to make a ship that big stationary in the air, even making it a helicopter class, then that would be impressive. On the ground perhaps as a stationary object people could move around in it. However extremely large stationary objects are possible in OFP because I've seen some fairly large buildings made for OFP. However never with tunnels and stuff in them. Working elevators would be sweet, but I don't think that's possible either unless they were seperate objects that you got in as "cargo" at which point the animation is triggered.

But I'm doubtful such a gigantic object could be made to fly.

I'll believe it when I see it. But if it's possible, it would impressive to see something that huge moving over Petrovice for example...even better if it had a cargo area that aliens could parachute from. smile.gif

There was a VERY cool little UFO addon someone made that had an amazing blue spotlight...it might be cool to have these lights on this ship. That would create an amazing effect seeing several of those spotlights shining down from it on the ground. However i shudder to think what the poly count would be on such an addon. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

couldn't he just make a big stationary object like the big boats that have already been made, setheight (i'm not at all familiar with the ofp coding) to something like 300, and make it just float there. Then we could have helis land in it, or even a huge runway for planes to go into the ship. He can make tunnels because some of the new addon boats have rooms and different floors you can walk through. Someone test the setheight thing or whatever, and get it to stay at that position and not fall. Is there a script for this already? Is it even possible?