Sign in to follow this  
Oldninja

New glitch on Brodalen

Just completed 2 encounters on Brodalen.

Managed a knife kill on each. Looted the dead outlander each time and took their weapon. First was an ES16, second a RAK.

Noticed when checking my inventory that under the firearm (didn't apply to looted knifes/bayonets) that there was a ? In a circle before the term 'ammo name'.

I equiped the weapon each time and tried to load it with the looted ammo. Couldn't do it. It was basically useless.

Each time I left safely and when back at the shelter the weapon had disappeared from my inventory.

Does this only apply to knife kills. Anyone had a similar experience with firearm kills?

I have not experienced this with firearm kills, that’s a strange glitch.

I've been doing random maps. Will go to Brodalen and test it again.

The" can't load a looted weapon" bug happens on all maps.  It occurs randomly no matter the weapon used to kill the other person. The RAK is really bad for it.  It will not even show the magazine or inventory ammo count.

Thanks for the reply Wyvern.

I've honestly never noticed that bug before. Also the weapons I've looted from deceased outlanders on all the other maps (knife and firearm kills) are always in my inventory when I get back to the shelter.

The ones looted after my kills on Brodalen, didn't make it back with me. I've been focussing on knife kills on that map so far, but will take a firearm with me next time and report back.