Sign in to follow this  
InqWiper

Common warez id

Id's removed

Lt. Duty was in at the same time as anatoli, then loo was in at the same time as -THC-, so it wasnt the same guy.

I told Lt. Duty that he should buy the game and he said he would think about it so that prtty much confirmed that it was warez ID. -THC- however refuces to admit that he had warez and was bitching for 20 minutes how he had the manual and the package infront of him and how he had bought in in the store.

How likely is it that of 4 people with the same ID one has actually bought the game in the stores?

Anyway keep an eye out for this ID and when you notice several people having it justban it. Or even better, ban it right away :-)

I thought xxxxx was the most common warez ID but it doesnt seem like it anymore.

Counterfeit copies may come with similar or identical covers, boxes and with the same manual as the original. However, chances are that the CDs are all exact duplicates of each other.

If it's not that, then it's warez. Both possibilities exist.

If I bought the CD in the store and had that ID I would go back and ask them where the hell they got it from.

I seriously doubt that BIS sells the same ID to people.

Maybe the store is even making the CDs themselves...

This ID should still be banned and the people who really bought the game should find out where it came from (if anyone who has this ID really bought the game).

Thats what I think.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 09 2003,22:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">However, chances are that the CDs are all exact duplicates of each other.<span id='postcolor'>

If you buy a legal game, the CDs are also all exact duplicates of each other unless you buy a different version (like US or EU version of OFP) wink.gif

Since there is no way of verifying that any such claims of warez id numbers are true, it is not suitable to post the id numbers here on the forum. It could be very easily abused.

This has been discussed before and the decision was that the risks of a black-list would be worse then the benifits. So please don't post such things in the future.

The ID numbers aren't the same as CD Keys, so I don't think they should be treated the same in the forums.

I do agree with Denoir that one should be careful about accusing someone of having a warez copy, especially in a public forum, but when you have four people on your server at the same time with the same ID, it really leaves very little room for interpretation.

I didn't see the list. But I'm sure 6787 was on there. And Denior, if you play online, then you know it really is a common ID. You don't have to worry about a black list coming out of 6787. Mainly because most servers either do have it banned already, or are discussing banning it smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Jan. 09 2003,22:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Since there is no way of verifying that any such claims of warez id numbers are true, it is not suitable to post the id numbers here on the forum. It could be very easily abused.

This has been discussed before and the decision was that the risks of a black-list would be worse then the benifits. So please don't post such things in the future.<span id='postcolor'>

Totally true. Any idjit with an ax to grind could abuse these type of posts for purposes of revenge.

[LOCKED]

Harnu: According to the serverlogs the id you mentioned connected to my server with 44 different nicknames before i put it into the banfile some weeks ago. And this server is up for a few month only... so i think you are right with that one.

There are about 3 or 4 very common warez ID's I've come accross, I have every ID commented in my ban.txt with the names, etc..of the ban, so if anyone is interested in saving some time collecting info, msg me for the #'s. I'm not saying you should trust me and add them to your list, they may still be handy to have on the side to compare against some of your own suspicions...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Jan. 09 2003,23:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 09 2003,22:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">However, chances are that the CDs are all exact duplicates of each other.<span id='postcolor'>

If you buy a legal game, the CDs are also all exact duplicates of each other unless you buy a different version (like US or EU version of OFP) wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Then how is a unique player id number generated? confused.gif

From the CD Key, but the algorithm is neither documented, nor is it reversible, I believe. Since the CD Key is longer than the Online ID, you can't derive the former from the latter -- it's a Trapdoor Algorithm.