Sign in to follow this  
towatai

Problem with Exile 1.0.41 Update Key-Signature

I've been running two Exile servers for almost 3 years now and have gained a lot of experience accordingly. But the latest Exile update drives me a bit to despair. Already long run on the servers Malden or ChernarusRedux and that also without big problems. Yesterday I inserted the current client update from the workshop, including the key linked there (this time with a V3 signature) file. the malden server runs without any problems, but as soon as I load the update on the ChernarusRedux server and insert the new key file, the Armalauncher indicates that no mods are necessary to enter the server. Not even Exile itself, NOTHING! i've already downloaded the update several times, as well as the key file. always the same problem. then i signed the updated files yesterday by myself with DSutils for fun, this time with a V2 signature (as it always was) and what can i say? running! actually i could be happy now, but the problem is only bypassed and not solved. so, if one of you has an idea, give it to me! Discord was unfortunately not helpful so far. in the RPT, by the way, there is also nothing that differs from the pre-update phase. I've already checked them several times, filtered for errors, warnings etc. the mod is also loaded on the server side without any problems only he seems to be bothered by the new key file. arma is of course up to date and I've already replaced the game files myself with a fresh download to eliminate possible errors. so again briefly V3 original key file, no mods in the launcher, V2 key file (created by myself), everything runs without problems.

solved the problem ? , see by frind its wrong uploaded the exile mod first he have 2 exile mods on folder , next he have @@exile 

delet the @Exile folder upload @ExileMod folder from clint change startup name from @Exile to @ExileMod and worked

Thats the way I do every update (for each mod). Never "patch" files.

Delete the mod folder complete, dont forget to delete the key of the mod in your key folder.

After that, reinstall the mod complete new.

i just played around a bit and it works by change the first entry inside the mod.cpp, name = "Exile Mod"; to name = "ExileMod";

so just remove the blank between Exile and Mod. with this small change he recognizes the mods in the launcher. I repeat, this "bug" apparently only affects ChernarusRedux servers and not all of them even out there. It's weird, but it works for me.

20 hours ago, towatai said:

i just played around a bit and it works by change the first entry inside the mod.cpp, name = "Exile Mod"; to name = "ExileMod";

so just remove the blank between Exile and Mod. with this small change he recognizes the mods in the launcher. I repeat, this "bug" apparently only affects ChernarusRedux servers and not all of them even out there. It's weird, but it works for me.

You know that you can name each mod and their folder as you want? If you rename Exile in Tralalalala it works too ..... but it just has to be called in the commandline as well.

Of course I know that! this is not about the mod folder itself but about the first entry in the mod.cpp without whose change my ChernarusReduxserver explicitly does not want to start properly. Before the question also arises here, yes, I have deleted the previous folder COMPLETELY and taken all files from the Steamworkshop update 😉 There are apparently however several with exactly this problem since the update in the combination with ChernarusRedux.

Natürlich ist mir das bekannt! es geht hier ja auch nicht um den Modordner selbst sondern um den ersten Eintrag in der mod.cpp ohne dessen Änderung mein ChernarusReduxserver explizit nicht vernünftig starten will. Bevor die Frage hier auch aufkommt, ja, ich habe den vorherigen Ordner KOMPLETT gelöscht und sämtliche Dateien aus dem Steamworkshop Update genommen 😉 Es gibt anscheinend aber mehrere mit genau diesem Problem seit dem Update in der Kombination mit ChernarusRedux.

Edited by Dedmen
Translated to english. Keep in mind this forum is english only.

Sign in to follow this