3l0ckad3

Hidden objects and vehicle collision

Title says it all, I hide objects with the ingame module, but the vehicles blow up in multiplay/dedi, however, are fine when locally hosting..

So far I have tried to disable damage and simulation, and then reenable the damage and simulation after a sleep, but, when I log in, the vehicles collide with the hidden buildings and blow up, because when the map loads in the buildings still exist. I read many threads on it, and it sounds like an ARMA bug, is this fixed yet ? any workarounds ?

thnx in advance for any help..

Perhaps explain a bit what how the issue starts. You hide objects using the module and place another object in its place in Eden? It should work. Perhaps you can test an alternative route by hiding the object and then spawn another object in its place using a script (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createVehicle). 

• Like 1

Yes, the vehicles are placed in the editor on hidden objects..
I'm aware of createVehicle, I was hoping there was something with a tad bit easier, but I'll try it. 

Cheers.

5 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Did you try to check "operate locally" in the module?

Could you explain a bit about how that works, I saw the option, but I didn't understand it all that well.

When you run it locally, there is no broadcast from server to apply the effect (hide object), so no "delay". As you don't care for "hidden or not" object(s) on client before they jump, the PCs will run this module independently at JIP, for the same visual result.

• Like 1

had the similar issue once

Not sure if it works now or not... but I don't usually see vehicles exploding where the forest was, so I guess it's ok

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 8:45 AM, pierremgi said:

When you run it locally, there is no broadcast from server to apply the effect (hide object), so no "delay". As you don't care for "hidden or not" object(s) on client before they jump, the PCs will run this module independently at JIP, for the same visual result.

Thnx once again 🙂 

On 6/30/2019 at 8:47 AM, gc8 said:

had the similar issue once

Not sure if it works now or not... but I don't usually see vehicles exploding where the forest was, so I guess it's ok

I'll take a look..

I use same method as @gc8 but with the local version of hideObject and without setting the damage to 1.

I delete many thousand of map objects on malden this way to increase map performance and had no issues so far.

But maybe I did not test enough to get an issue...

• Like 2