Adrikk-b9ec9370ae1ba166

Cant launch game - bad image

Hi and welcome to this forum.

Could you share a bit more information?

Like what error, if any, does it give?  Have you verified your game files?  Is your computer above minimum specs?  Is this a new issue or did you just download arma for the first time? 

Yes, sorry for the lack of information and thanks so much for the quick response. The frustration got the better of me.

Yes i am above the minimum specs. I got Arma 3 when it released and ive never had a problem with it until recently.

The error i get is "arma3_x64.exe is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0XC000012F"

I have reinstalled it multiple times, deleting all the files before installing.

I have deleted all D3D files and reinstalled them incase it was an X11 problem.

I have verified game cache multiple times, both on stable and developmental branch

wild guess: have you tried starting the 32bit version ?

Wow ok. I went into the files and launched only the arma file and not the arma_x64 file. That actually worked. So my game works after months of trying!

Now my next question is; Do i have to do it that way every time since the launcher tries to launch the x64 version?

15 hours ago, Adrikk-b9ec9370ae1ba166 said:

Do i have to do it that way every time since the launcher tries to launch the x64 version?

No, the launcher has a setting whether to start x64 or 32bit. Check the options in the launcher.

17 hours ago, Adrikk-b9ec9370ae1ba166 said:

Wow ok. I went into the files and launched only the arma file and not the arma_x64 file. That actually worked. So my game works after months of trying!

Now my next question is; Do i have to do it that way every time since the launcher tries to launch the x64 version?

Go to parameters on the left hand side  in the Arma launcher and then change the "platform" setting to 32bit.

Just curious: you don't have a 64bit windows version installed? Running Arma in the old 32bit version might cause severe problems with the performance (aka "1fps bug")

17 minutes ago, Tobur said:

might cause severe problems with the performance

No it doesn't

17 minutes ago, Tobur said:

(aka "1fps bug")

That's the 3fps bug, and it also exists on 64bit.

2 hours ago, Dedmen said:

No it doesn't

That's the 3fps bug, and it also exists on 64bit.

Righto, Dedmen, good that we got that straight 😉

4 hours ago, Dedmen said:

No, the launcher has a setting whether to start x64 or 32bit. Check the options in the launcher.

I cant seem to find that. I started the laucher, chose "options" - "launcher options" and its not a setting where i choose version there.

Seems to me that im supposed to run the 64bit version. Any idea why i cant do that? Never had this problem before..

Edit: I found how to launch it in 32bit, but i cant help but wondering why 64bit wont work, if thats what "everyone else" is doing.

Oh damn i just solved it! I used the dependency walker and ran to arma_x64.exe file. It said "vcomp120.dll is not a valid 32-bit or 64-bit windows module". I reinstalled the vcomp120.dll file; both 64-bit and 32-bit version, and the 64bit version of the game launched no problem.. Wow! 

Anyways, thanks so much for the help and the fast response! These type of forums never stops amazing me. Thank guys!