Let me start by saying that I love this game, I have been following and playing it on and off since launch, but insurance is going to kill it. The first issue with it is the unfixable easy exploit that allows players to duplicate guns and ammo. If you don’t allow players to loot their duo partner they could easily use the old teaming trick. If players with insurance don’t drop guns that would be extremely unfair to people not using insurance. You might as well be able to purchase guns! My second issue with insurance is that it takes the excitement from the game and causes players to play recklessly. Why would anyone not go for as much loot as possible including the air drop? There are no consequences for dying. It’s also not fair to the players that do have something to loose. I understand this game needs to go F2P and needs to make money but insurance is NOT the solution. 

• Like 3

Insurance is fine but it should be a little more obtainable for f2p people. Either make it cost a new type of earnable currency or make the existing currency easier to earn. 20g per 6 or so crates isnt good at all.

How is insurance fine? You didn’t argue that point at all. If everyone was running around looting to their hearts content with the occasional gun fight  and no consequences for losing it, that wouldn’t make for exiting gameplay. Also what about the gun duplication glitch that would be way worse if insurance was so accessible? 

• Like 1

I don't understand why life insurance is that expensive.
What you can loose from your game never worth the insurance price in my opinion.
Most of the player play with weapon that they can craft, or have multiple times etc. And as the focus of the game is looting, you dont go with a bag full of ammo, consummable etc.

It should not exist at all. You die, you die. It's change the gameplay by its nature.

For the same price, why not multiply the loot by 2 only for the player in the game for example. If you want to reward your player that pay crown, there is many way instead of changing the gameplay.

I have no comment re the cost of insurance other than it shouldn't be too cheap or everyone could use it all the time. For me that's a matter for the Devs.

But I do think it has a place in the game as a tactic. Read the thread in General Discussion regarding weapon blueprints. It is in my opinion an option outlanders can use in certain situations, when for instance you have 3 outstanding items for a particular crate and one is a weapon plan you want. Insurance can give you a little more determination and confidence camping and going after it knowing you won't lose your weapons and ammo.

• Like 1

How this is exploitable? The cost of crowns for insurance is arguably too high as it is. And anyone going in just to let a teammate get some gear can go ahead as far as I'm concerned. It's two less people per encounter you have to deal with. The gain isn't worth the cost for either player involved. You can be decked out with the games best weapons and gear and still get dropped by someone 10 seconds out of your spawn.

Insurance is fine. It is a complete waste no matter how many crowns it costs. Who cares if you lose your gear? End game you will have so many guns and the ability to craft ammo you will realize why it doesnt matter. For example, I have 100 P90's alongside my other guns all of which are 100% free to play. Let those people waste their money, that is their choice. 

On 5/31/2019 at 8:46 PM, The big bad wolf said:

Let me start by saying that I love this game, I have been following and playing it on and off since launch, but insurance is going to kill it. The first issue with it is the unfixable easy exploit that allows players to duplicate guns and ammo. If you don’t allow players to loot their duo partner they could easily use the old teaming trick. If players with insurance don’t drop guns that would be extremely unfair to people not using insurance. You might as well be able to purchase guns! My second issue with insurance is that it takes the excitement from the game and causes players to play recklessly. Why would anyone not go for as much loot as possible including the air drop? There are no consequences for dying. It’s also not fair to the players that do have something to loose. I understand this game needs to go F2P and needs to make money but insurance is NOT the solution. 

I fail to see how it isn’t fair it’s not your money going towards insurance it’s the players, sounds to me like you just don’t like that you can’t take their guns from them which means all ya care about is killing and that’s why their is insurance for those like myself just looking for supplies but have to deal with murderous rampaging players everywhere we go.