ace_2012

Using planes in mission editor

Hi!

Just two questions, or a "double" question:

1) As I'm a pilot, I love flying. I'd like to set a mission in the editor in wich i could fly all avaliable planes in ARMA III (I don't own "Jets" DLC, I will woun it in some days), but I face a problem: I don't know how to place "unmanned" planes, all of them appear with a pilot inside. Of course a pilot willing to fly!

2) Any plane reccomended, a good MOD? I know they are a lot, and it will be difficult to find a hardcore one (I love pressing all buttons in the cockpit), but I just look for a good-looking ome, with a good flight physics.

Thanks!

1.) When you place a vehicle in the editor check the bottom of the right panel. It has a box stating place infantry with crew. If you uncheck it it should place them without crew.

2.) Have not tried any addon but in Jets DLC you cannot press any button. Maybe this one will be nice: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22594

• Like 2

Thanks JohnKalo, I guess you like flying as well. I remember when Take on Helicopters first appeared, I bought it quickly. Then I read anywhere that the same level of simulation was in ARMA, then I bought it as well. Being aware that the deep of simulation is not the same that in DCS, I feel that the flight model is not that bad. Anyway I'd love to find any community of pilots, they should have a rol anywhere.

Thanks!

• Like 1

TOH was indeed amazing! I had bought two copies and made my friends buy a few more. And as you also mentioned clicking the buttons in the cockpit is really nice. In TOH we could. In Arma we cannot 😕

Yep, the simulation is nice but not even like TOH let alone DCS. There I remember things that do not exist in Arma. In TOH for example lifting off without using pedals was a no go. In Arma it is possible. But even yet autorotating with a squad on board is really nice.There must be communities of pilots online. I only play with friends since I want to enjoy Arma and not get in a cowardish online fight for getting shot by a baragge of AA missiles. Easy to say anything when being thousands miles away... Searching however should reveal some nice pilot community :thumbsup:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JohnKalo said:

And as you also mentioned clicking the buttons in the cockpit is really nice. In TOH we could. In Arma we cannot

I think there is an Apache mod out there somewhere where you can do that. 

This one I think:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1351428303

Edited by the_one_and_only_Venator
Added link
  • Thanks 1

If you need some missions for flying see my list, theres probably more but heres a ton of them:

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:25 PM, ace_2012 said:

.....(I don't own "Jets" DLC, I will woun it in some days).....

Join a group or add friends on Steam, they buy stuff for each other..:)