.By trying using this 2 commands script in a dedicated server i noticed that they wouldn't play music/sound if a player isn't close to the soundsource area at least 200mts (which it will be led as a trigger then), so what about only in a given time to execute a sound/music (and only for once) if you are/aren't present in the area by a natural scripting command. Regardless it doesn't exist such commaand, I was thinking to make a control structure and add nearestobject as a property or a main, let's say if player distance grater than x meters stop music/sound, but it will be unefective for a multiplayer environment. so any tips? what i want to do (real life model) to be specific is: make a bugle call. if a soldier is far they will not hear, but as they approach to zone or object source they will hear the sound but in real time, not starting from 0 as both commands do

Did you find out the answer to this? playSound3D has a parameter for distance, which will fade as the player gets further from the source. You are able to specify a location with one of the parameters where the sound will be played, instead of providing an object. The only drawback is that the command will not work with JIP players, the sound will be played from the beginning, I don't know if that's an issue.

I got that paramter, but what im saying is counterwise. Let me explain again, if im far enough of an object and i activate these comands from that object when i approach to the object it would not be heard cause its far from the parameter, EG 200mts is sound source prameter (which means it will be heard by those who are 200mts radius), but if im 210 mts away and i enter to the zone of the soundsource (wich get the parameter) i wouldnt  hear the sound, and thats the deal with this 2 commands. Both have this issue, so what im expecting to do is making a function that can simulate this.

What i m trying to do as original concept is to simulate a military bugle.

no the radius is how far the sound spreads, it decays with the distance. So at the max radius it might be barely heard, Having said that on dedicated server there was some sort of bug with distance that made sound weaker than it was

On 4/5/2019 at 11:53 PM, corralesid said:

don't know how to delete post.

Use the "Report Post" button on top right to report your own post. Then just write in the message what you need the moderators to do for you.

• Like 1