Sign in to follow this  
Bricktop

Boycott creative, they suck!

I just purchased a Hercules Game Theater 6.1 off Ebay for $60.00 US. Let me just tell you that this card is AWESOME, comes with a Breakout Box etc and after 4 days of extensive playing I have found it to be far superior to Creative's Junk Live. I read an article the other day about how the only reason that Audigy Drivers won't work on the Live is Software, indicating there isn't much difference (Apart from price) between them. The bloke had actually gotten the Audigy Drivers working on his Live. Creative doesn't lift a finger to solve problems and we end up losing with their Garbage. I highly recommend the Hercules card to anyone who doesnt want anymore of Creative's crackling in OFP ( As well as the numerous problems in other games)

Bt

PS : In a perfect world you wouldn't have to shell out (Creative would fix or refund) but I promise this card is a good investment.

Hang on to your card, it's the ultimate Proof of Purchase for when Creative has to pay up at the end of the inevitable class action lawsuit.

I hate 'em too, I had 2 of their CD roms and they both suck.

As a rule, Creative have always made excellent hardware, and still do.

However,

Their driver support is appaling. A number of my games problems came down to a problem with the Live! drivers, which then take Creative 2 months to write new ones.

I stopped buying creative purely for that reason. I gave them several years to sort out their driver problems, and they are still as bad as ever.

Hm, nobody forces anyone to buy creative products wow.gif

But we must see, that they had a absolute monopoly in sound cards in "good old" DOS days because they formed the quasi standard for sound cards. So like most former monopolists (like Intel) they still act like they have a monopol (driver support etc.).

But I think like in the Intel/AMD case Creative will learn the lesson because of the free market laws. smile.gif

Remember good old DOS days? No driver support from the OS! If you wanted to program a game you had to programm sound support for every sound card available. It was very helpful to have this SB standard or the Ad Lib or the Roland Sound System...

And graphics... remember VESA? Until it's invention/definition there was only MCGA (320x200x8) as standard (addressing memory segment $a000; int $10)

*dreaming-of-long-forgotten-but-glorious-times*

wink.gif

creative are renowne for problems with abit mobos its true ive seen it. my dad has a hercules digifire 7.1 and it kicks ass and is cheaper then audigy 1 and 2 biggrin.gif

well tbh im sorta drawn on my new Audigy 2 plat... its solved the crackling and the quality is much better than the 1024 lie i had before, but then the software on the CD screws around with safedisk and stops games like OFP working (see the troubleshooting section) and ive yet to have a set of speakers from them that problems with sound coming from the wrong speaker...or not at all as in my current case (6.1 my arse, only 5 speakers work and the subwoofer thinks its a damn speaker) mad.gif

[/rant]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Jan. 02 2003,07:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My Audigy works fine.<span id='postcolor'>

ditto