gc8

Accurate moving

Hi

Is it possible to make AI soldier move to position accurately? When I use the commands doMove/moveTo the AI will move near but not exactly on pos.

thx!

1 hour ago, gc8 said:

Hi

Is it possible to make AI soldier move to position accurately? When I use the commands doMove/moveTo the AI will move near but not exactly on pos.

thx!

They always move within 10cm of where I order them.

Cheers

@Grumpy Old Man Ok thanks I found out what the issue was. If you put there some object and try to move the AI next to that object then the AIs position should be off. So I guess it's the path finding that causes that inaccuracy with the movement

32 minutes ago, gc8 said:

@Grumpy Old Man Ok thanks I found out what the issue was. If you put there some object and try to move the AI next to that object then the AIs position should be off. So I guess it's the path finding that causes that inaccuracy with the movement

Pathfinding is perfectly fine, it's the (for some reason extremely generous) bounding boxes that cause what you described.

YcA9ZNL.png

Outer lines are from boundingBox, inner lines are from boundingBoxReal.

Guess we need boundingBoxForReal...

Try moving an AI close to this one.

Cheers

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Try moving an AI close to this one.

I was unable to move the AI close to the ammo crate. Tried 5 times where the AI always kept some distance

If you untick the "Enable simulation" of the ammo crate the AI is able to move right next to it. Even couple of times I had the AI stand over the crate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Outer lines are from boundingBox, inner lines are from boundingBoxReal.

Hey Grumpy, what's the code to display the bounding box lines in your screen shot?

This is strange, while disabling the simulation in editor makes the object non blocking for path finding, if I use attachTo command and then detach the object becomes blocking again even simulation is still false (simulationEnabled). 

weird arma things...

• Like 1