Sign in to follow this  
David Shipley

Is the geforce 4 ti4200 good enough for ofp?

AOpen also makes some nice GF4 Ti4200's.

I have an AOpen Aeolus Ti4200S 128MB DDR (has 3.6ns 550MHz RAM). It's a great card. smile.gif

The GF4 4200Ti is more than enough for OFP - and it's cheap. I got myself a Creative 3D Blaster Ti 4200 w/64mb. They have good quality ram onboard, so you can overclock them without problems. I have it slightly overclocked and it runs very stable and reliable at a speed somewhere between a 4400 and a 4600 according to 3D-Mark.

OFP with 1280x960 (best resolution my old monitor can take) with -1.5 Mipmap detail, 4x Anisotrophy and Quincunq (sp?) FSAA is running very fine at max detail (terrain normal) on my machine (Athlon XP 1700+/1GB ddr).

Joltan, I have the same card like you. Could you please be more specific on how you overclocked? Have you done a lot of testing with your settings, so it`s save? I`d like to try your settings, too smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Jan. 13 2003,15:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Joltan, I have the same card like you. Could you please be more specific on how you overclocked? Have you done a lot of testing with your settings, so it`s save? I`d like to try your settings, too smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Here you go: Detonator 41.09 on Win XP Pro, set to 375/770MHz (card runs stable on higher settings, too, but I don't want to risk any heat related problems or have the fans running at max speed all the time), sideband adressing & fastwrites active (automatically set by the driver, not forced).

I used Riva Tuner to set the Mipmap LOD to -1.5, forced anisotrophy to 4x (with optimization for texturing stages 2 & 3, max 2x anisotrophy), FSAA forced to Quincunx, multisample masking active.

As I said my machine is a Athlon XP 1700+, 1GB ddr266, on a VIA KT266A mobo (Gigabyte).

Edit: LOD settings in OFP at max, everything else at max (w-buffer off), too - only viewdistance at 2000m and terrain at normal (but I play only mp, so this doesn't affect much)

Edit2: Forgot to add: I have the card running at these settings for quite some time now (since detonator 41.03 came out), without encountering any problems. So these are safe settings, at least for my system.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (David Shipley @ Dec. 30 2002,08:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm wondering what I should do here.

I have a Celeron 1.3 Gigahertz processor, 700 MB of RAM and a GeForce 2 video card.

I plan on getting either the Radeon 9500 PRO or the GeForce 4 TI4200. All I care about is whether the GeForce can handle Operation Flashpoint: Resistance at absolutely the highest levels of graphics - excluding View Distance levels.

Can the GeForce handle it? Or will I have to fork out more dollars for the Radeon?

Oh, and I think it's not a processor problem, because it's blazing fast when the graphics are toned down.<span id='postcolor'>

That will be more than enough.

I have Celeron 1Ghz, 512MB and GeForce 4 Ti4200.

No problems unless I go right up to top settings.

With the RAM you have I wouldn't worry in the slightest.