Sign in to follow this  
Wickerrr

My awesome setup wont run arma 3

So Im playing arma 3 on a big rp server were I only get 40 fps outside kavala and 20 inside kavala when Im running an setup with an 1080 ti 11gb gaming 
with an cpu intel core i7 6700k  with 16gbytes. And it doenst matter if I play on low or ultra gives me same amount of fps

Hi, welcome to these forums. 

Do you have any other programs open while running arma?
How much % of your CPU/GPU/RAM is being used when arma is running? 

Have you tried playing around with the launch parameters to tweak performance? 

The quality of the server and any scripts that are running can also affect FPS, so it might not even be your machine. 

• Like 1

So Im playing arma 3 on a big rp server were I only get 40 fps outside kavala and 20 inside kavala when Im running an setup with an 1080 ti 11gb gaming 
with an cpu intel core i7 6700k  with 16gbytes. And it doenst matter if I play on low or ultra gives me same amount of fps

The more users, objects and scripts that are used, the more performance declines. What is often found to be the cause is server owners taking scripts from other groups and not knowing how they function. This is akin to putting a bunch or random sentences on a page and expecting it to be Shakespeare. Game modes, RP included, perform best when they are built from "the ground up" where the owner understands the how, why and performance impacts of the scripts used. 

• Like 1

Welcome!

Well, I am sorry to say that from Arma3 gaming point of view, your configuration is not awesome, it is quite good, but in fact, not well-balanced.

An Intel Core i7-9700K/GTX 1070/32 GB DDR4 4000 MHz/1To NVMe M.2 SSD rig  is far more impressive.

With Arma3, the CPU is still the Boss, a good GPU helps more since APEX release, nevertheless, the processor is still "making" the FPS.

A GTX 1060 6 GB is enough in order to play on 1080p.

You will also need the fastest RAM over 3000 MHz you can get, from 16 to 32 GB.

You will also need a SSD in order to host Windows and Arma3 Steam Library.

Arma3 is streaming textures and a fast disk is need to get rid of stuttering. It doesn't help to get more FPS.

The main parameter in order to have a playable FPS level  [over 30 FPS is playable in Armaverse]  is to set the view distance parameter to a level that matches your processor and the type of mission you're playing.

Contrary to what might suggest the name of the "Visibility > Overall" parameter, this parameter is not a GPU parameter, it is a 100% CPU parameter.

So I will suggest you to ask more questions on  Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

+ 1 for FallujahMedic -FM- : some RP servers are just FPS killers!

Edited by oldbear
English is not my maternal language, but you already know that
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1