Hi!

I have a problem finding the black taru pods in the Eden editor. I find them in the config viewer, so I know they are there, I also find them as Zeus, and three of them (Transport, bench and medical) are possible to reskin using right click and "Edit Vehicle Appearance".

I want the fuel and ammo pods aswell and they are not listed as a placeble object in the "Assets", neither is it possible to use the "Edit Vehicle Appearance" option.

Is there anyone who have a solution or who have struggled with this? I can supply more information or images if needed.

SetObjectTextureGlobal and the reference to the actual texture, can be found in the config of the taru pods if I'm not mistaken.

Strange, the transport and medical pods (the configurable ones) are found under OPFOR > CSAT > Storage, while the others are in EMPTY > Supplies > Storage. That's in the editor. In Zeus, they are all in EMPTY, but still subdivided in the same way (EMPTY > CSAT > Storage / EMPTY > Supplies > Storage).

On 20.11.2018 at 12:24 AM, stanhope said:

SetObjectTextureGlobal and the reference to the actual texture, can be found in the config of the taru pods if I'm not mistaken.

Thank you, this led me to the solution. I was able to find the texture in the config and could call the following snippet in the init:

this setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "A3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Transport_04\Data\Heli_Transport_04_Pod_Ext01_Black_CO.paa"];
this setObjectTextureGlobal [1, "A3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Transport_04\Data\Heli_Transport_04_Pod_Ext02_Black_CO.paa"];

On 20.11.2018 at 2:33 AM, Harzach said:

Strange, the transport and medical pods (the configurable ones) are found under OPFOR > CSAT > Storage, while the others are in EMPTY > Supplies > Storage. That's in the editor. In Zeus, they are all in EMPTY, but still subdivided in the same way (EMPTY > CSAT > Storage / EMPTY > Supplies > Storage).

Yes, I found it very strange too! Why haven't they made configurable ones of all the types, when there is already textures for them.

Just a point:   this setObjectTextureGlobal ...  Don't!. Even if that works here because every player has the right texture path.

(Or except if these is something new about this command. In this case, BIKI should be updated).

3 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Just a point:   this setObjectTextureGlobal ...  Don't!. Even if that works here because every player has the right texture path.

(Or except if these is something new about this command. In this case, BIKI should be updated).

Do you have an alternative solution? I'm not very into the scripting yet, but this worked at least for when I tried. But I haven't tried with other players yet. I'm only going to use it for a short mission for my milsim group. Hate the CSAT texture.

In your mission folder make a file called initserver.sqf.  In there put the code you wrote.  Give all the vehicles you want to change it for a unique variable name and put that setObjectTextureGlobal command in that file for all those vehicles.

So say you have 3 tarus you name them "taru1", "taru2" and "taru3" in the editor, then in that initserver.sqf file you put:

taru1 setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "A3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Transport_04\Data\Heli_Transport_04_Pod_Ext01_Black_CO.paa"];
taru1 setObjectTextureGlobal [1, "A3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Transport_04\Data\Heli_Transport_04_Pod_Ext02_Black_CO.paa"];

taru2 setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "A3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Transport_04\Data\Heli_Transport_04_Pod_Ext01_Black_CO.paa"];
taru2 setObjectTextureGlobal [1, "A3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Transport_04\Data\Heli_Transport_04_Pod_Ext02_Black_CO.paa"];

taru3 setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "A3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Transport_04\Data\Heli_Transport_04_Pod_Ext01_Black_CO.paa"];
taru3 setObjectTextureGlobal [1, "A3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Transport_04\Data\Heli_Transport_04_Pod_Ext02_Black_CO.paa"];

49 minutes ago, Valeno said:

Do you have an alternative solution? I'm not very into the scripting yet, but this worked at least for when I tried. But I haven't tried with other players yet. I'm only going to use it for a short mission for my milsim group. Hate the CSAT texture.

I gave you a link to read.