Sign in to follow this  
Radnik

New expansion pack ?

Hey people of OPERATION nation,dont you all thing it's time for new OFFICIAL expansion pack with some new staff,like units,maps...

Kermit... *rolls eyes* can't you at least try not to be so rude all the time.

There's new stuff for OFP coming out all the time, official, and non-official. If you are wondering about OFP2 then well... It will get here when it gets here. We are all awaiting any news from BIS on that one. Go to Avon's FAQ if you want to read up on the latest rumors!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (flashiez33 @ Dec. 25 2002,07:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When is OF2 supposed to be out in general terms<span id='postcolor'>

If we knew the answer to that, we'd also know what's up with Independence Lost. confused.gif

So you want a new Expansion Pack ?

Bored of Res Already - I'M NOT !!! It still rocks my boat big time!!

And we still have plenty of 1.46'ers who whinge about no support for the original OFP yet refuse to dig into their pockets for this great Expansion, well its Xmas, maybe they will get a treat from Santa biggrin.gifxmas.gifxmas.gifxmas.gifxmas.gifxmas.gifxmas.gifxmas.gifxmas.gifxmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Dec. 25 2002,04:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think we'll see any more OFP expansion packs before OFP2, except maybe IL...who knows?<span id='postcolor'>

I remember one of the BIS guys saying that IL was not gonna be a datadisk (expansion)

Don't you thing something FRESH is needed at this time,OFFICIAL staff only not nonofficial (bag bag bag ....) OFP2 would be COOL smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Radnik @ Dec. 25 2002,13:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't you thing something FRESH is needed at this time,OFFICIAL staff only not nonofficial (bag bag bag ....) OFP2 would be COOL smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

There is so many new stuff around which take the OFP experiance further.  I dont think OFP should get another addon because we dont want them being accused of trying to keep shoving addons down our throats for money(even though it would probably be great as usual tounge.gif)

Expansion is not the future! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LowLevelFunctionary @ Dec. 25 2002,15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> I dont think OFP should get another addon because we dont want them being accused of trying to keep shoving addons down our throats for money(even though it would probably be great as usual tounge.gif)<span id='postcolor'>

aaa J see now what is the problem it's the money,well it's bether to give money for OFP nogova2 or nogova winter or bla bla bla then give money to downloding nonofficial addones witch maybe not working (full of bags).It needs a lot of time to finish some MOD for it and TIME gose bay... OFP relises is on July 2001 (OFPR July 2002) ,hey it's December 2002,J would be very glade to see OFP2 with MODs for everyone xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(full of bags)<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

bag = bug? Now I get it... I was wondering what you meant by "(bag, bag, bag...)" in the previous post. biggrin.gif

I'm not making fun of your English skills, It just sounded really funny!

personally, i wish BIS focus on OFP2 than doing expansion pack at this moment. the engine has a lot to go, and occasional treat like Camel is great, but i'd love to see next generation OFP engine arrive faster if occasional treat keeps new engine from getting dev-ed.

OFPR had serious engine change, but it's within the context of given OFP engine. so for better engine, they need to have longer time, and i hope that they are working on it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ Dec. 25 2002,05:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He asked, and I answered.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, that's super! Good job!  smile.gif

Sometime earlier this year I mean to remember that there was a chance that some of the VBS units would find their way in either some update or even Resistance. I don't know if this was just a rumour created by the community or actually a spoken-out thought from BIS, however I would for sure buy another small expansion pack focusing on new units and few engine and AI improvements exclusively. I bet that BIS has learned A LOT while doing their part of VBS and maxed the good old OFP engine to the limit. Furthermore, the gfx devision has done many splendid soldiers, tanks and aircraft.

I for one, would pay at least another 20,- EUR/$ to get my hands on at least parts of the VBS stuff. Putting together such a new expansion pack would be a top-seller.

I would give my feet (sorry, need my arms for playing) for an open-topped Ural, a PK armed UAZ, an official Huey, smarter AI, new player models, missile-capable wheeled vehicles, etc.. etc.. etc..

xmas.gif

new stuff ok I would be happy but if BIS give us date's when IL and OFP2 comes out I would be happyer than new expansion pack xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lazarus_Long @ Dec. 26 2002,00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm not making fun of your English skills, It just sounded really funny!<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe J'm not good in english but very good in the game tounge.gif , hey why is word bug funny to you ?

buy the way J'm glade the people thinging about OFP2 biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe J'm not good in english but very good in the game , hey why is word bug funny to you ?<span id='postcolor'>

It was the "bag" that I found funny, you know bag, as in grocery bag! biggrin.gif - Nevermind, it doesent matter.... I wasn't trying to insult you.

Why dont you try the SEB nam pack or Winter Nogojev 1.1... 2 superb unofficial addons with HARDLY any bugs. You must remeber that not everything unofficial is buggy smile.gif

Go try them and see what fun you will have biggrin.gif