johnnyboy

Create tree that can be destroyed?

The only way I know how to create a bush or a tree is to use createSimpleObject like this:

tree = createSimpleObject ["a3\vegetation_f_exp\shrub\b_calochlaena_f.p3d", [0,0,0]];  

But the simple object cannot be destroyed.  Is there a way to create a tree or bush that can be destroyed?  I want to see the tree fall when damage == 1.

The problem is that trees and other terrain objects don't have a classname. createVehicle requires such.

(nearestTerrainObjects [player, ["Tree","Bush"], 200]) apply {typeOf _x}

will return an array of empty strings.

Using a mod is an option though, eg: Arma's Nature

• Like 1

There are trees you can createVehicle on, like "Land_t_picea2s_02", but I think they're part of CUP terrains. Or use Arma's Nature as mentioned. I found some shrubbery plants prefixed like "Land_c_{name}" that will literally explode if you setDamage 1 on them. I don't know if they're from an addon though. I'm running a lot of addons atm.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AZCoder said:

There are trees you can createVehicle on, like "Land_t_picea2s_02", but I think they're part of CUP terrains. Or use Arma's Nature as mentioned. I found some shrubbery plants prefixed like "Land_c_{name}" that will literally explode if you setDamage 1 on them. I don't know if they're from an addon though. I'm running a lot of addons atm.

Johhny you got couple dem exploding bushes with your adderall chickens or should I say..

..a shrubbery!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, froggyluv said:

..a shrubbery!!

The knights who say Nee!!!  Right on.  I seem to remember a particular bad-ass rabbit in that yarn as well.  :)