Sign in to follow this  
mikro

So.....whats with the updates, whats going on?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mikro @ Dec. 22 2002,06:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so your saying that its a better idea to buy some expanstion for pistols and 5 new addons? 30$ for 5 addons and 12 new wepons? well if thats what you want then you've got problems.<span id='postcolor'>

um, you get a bit more than that. Resistance is more that an addon, it includes engine upgrades, like terrain:

OLD:

low.JPG

NEW:

high.JPG

The current version is 1.90, the update to 1.46 has already happened, it was called 1.75, Resistance.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mikro @ Dec. 22 2002,04:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">listen in america i have to pay importation fees especally because im near the west coast<span id='postcolor'>

Importation fees? Don't whinge about importation fees to me. Try currency conversion. With $1 AUD = $0.56 US, Resistance costs double what you lucky bastards pay for it mad.gif .

Move over here and then see how you feel. I wish I only had to put up with importation fees.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> i wish that you get these soon for operation fashpoint so that us old schoolers dont have to buy a new game for stuff that sould have been added a long time ago to the normal old game! <span id='postcolor'>

BIS have already handed out the following addons for OFP:

-HMMWV

-Chinook

-Apache

-G36

-Steyer AUG

-XMS

-2x Grenade Launchers

-SU-25

-M-163 Vulcan

-M2 Bradley

-BMP2

-BRDM

-OH-58

-Kozlice

-Flag Pack

-Trabant

-AND the Sopwith Camel for Resistance

FOR NOTHING! FREE! $0! I think the changes they have made to the engine and all the newly textured addons warrant a sum of money. Do you have any idea the work that goes into creating the addons listed above? BIS did it all for free, and now you are complaining because they want to charge money for their new work. I support BIS.

Cheers

Mr B

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mikro @ Dec. 22 2002,04:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-AND the Sopwith Camel for Resistance<span id='postcolor'>

And we also got a Hunting rifle/Res Sniper, a Mini and a Bicycle already for resistance since it was launched with version 1.75, oh yeah and a Linux server ....

I personally think BIS have done a great job for the last 2 years with OFP, no other game comes close, and we know there is more to come in the new year .... and I bet no1 guessed we would get a Camel for Christmas tounge.gif

I hope Mikro that you can see by all these posts that your wishes are obviously regarded by most as being unreasonable.  The bottom line is that Resistance is the official expansion and upgrade for Cold War Crisis.  If you do not have it already you are obviously not a true OFP fan!  You cannot honestly expect BIS to design all their upgrades twice over - once for Resistance and once for CWC?  Where would be the logic in that?  I fully support that fact that because OFP is such a great game made by such a caring and supportive developer (BIS) it is well worth paying money for the huge and incredible upgrade that is Resistance.  I only wish they would bring out some more excellent campaign add-ons.  I would be quite happy to pay for them.   biggrin.gif

Nagual.... how in hell did you edit those pictures??? lol ive never seen that. the textures were just updated on the old island.... there wasnt any new variation....

Listen man Resistance is worth every Pound, Dollar, Yen out there biggrin.gif

It is a quality addon. I doubt whether any addon comes close. Buy it. For your own sakes. Personally i dont see how i could live without resistance, as it is my life support biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mikro @ Dec. 22 2002,07:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">there the producers if they cant even change the codes they put in there stupid...<span id='postcolor'>

They did change the code quite significantly, and called it 'Resistance' funnily enough. Fork out the cash, get Resistance and be happy as pigs in mud like the rest of us (well, the vast majority of Res owners) smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LowLevelFunctionary @ Dec. 24 2002,11:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nagual.... how in hell did you edit those pictures??? lol ive never seen that.  the textures were just updated on the old island.... there wasnt any new variation....<span id='postcolor'>

lol, go into video options and bump up your terrain detail, it works on all islands, old and new, and addon.

While it takes a super computer to run on very high, even normal and high settings change the amount of cover the ground gives, where once there was flat open ground, the terrain makes it bumpy enough to use the ground itself as cover, very sweet.

Got to the general area of grid ref FB 58 on malden, try it there. At high and very high the area is completely different.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Dec. 24 2002,13:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LowLevelFunctionary @ Dec. 24 2002,11:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nagual.... how in hell did you edit those pictures??? lol ive never seen that.  the textures were just updated on the old island.... there wasnt any new variation....<span id='postcolor'>

lol, go into video options and bump up your terrain detail, it works on all islands, old and new, and addon.

While it takes a super computer to run on very high, even normal and high settings change the amount of cover the ground gives, where once there was flat open ground, the terrain makes it bumpy enough to use the ground itself as cover, very sweet.

Got to the general area of grid ref FB 58 on malden, try it there. At high and very high the area is completely different.<span id='postcolor'>

Wow.... thats pretty interesting. ill try it. Any idea how its compatible with other Res owners online without the cpu capability? Because having more cover than someone would give you a major advantage.... confused.gif

In mp terrain is defaulted back to low, so everyone is even (unless server has set up a higher setting i guess).

I'm befuddled by these so-called importation fees. All we have in MO is 200% markups by our stores, luckily I bought Res while I was still down at school in KY where it was only $17. What are these fees you speak of, and how are they allowed under the Interstate Commerce Act of 1887?

No no no

The problem isn't the lack of free official add-ons. First of all, they are not entitled to give us any. Secondly, there is no lack of free official add-ons. They have given us many.

The problem is the quality of the addons you pay for when you buy Resistance. The suppressed machine pistols are terrible, and all of the pistols look wierd when you bring up the iron sight mode. They shouldn't be silhouettes like the rifles. When you shoot a pistol in real life you can see the pistol, as well as your hand.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ Dec. 25 2002,04:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No no no

The problem isn't the lack of free official add-ons.  First of all, they are not entitled to give us any.  Secondly, there is no lack of free official add-ons.  They have given us many.

The problem is the quality of the addons you pay for when you buy Resistance.  The suppressed machine pistols are terrible, and all of the pistols look wierd when you bring up the iron sight mode.  They shouldn't be silhouettes like the rifles.  When you shoot a pistol in real life you can see the pistol, as well as your hand.<span id='postcolor'>

Bahh nitpicking.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sseagle @ Dec. 24 2002,15:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm befuddled by these so-called importation fees. All we have in MO is 200% markups by our stores, luckily I bought Res while I was still down at school in KY where it was only $17.  What are these fees you speak of, and how are they allowed under the Interstate Commerce Act of 1887?<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe he was talking about the beer he was drinking when he wrote that, rather than Resistance? I don't think there are any "importation fees" for software in the US.