prototype1479

Just an idea (Remastered models)

It's not obvious. I know people who are very capable of learning, but would rather have someone else do the work, instead of attempting it themselves. Which is fair enough. You don't have to be interested in modding to enjoy the product of it. It's not for everybody.

I don't think your interest in seeing more content is going to just go away because you understand what I or others have said. You've been around the boards a while now. So you're obviously still interested in the game. I'm suggesting you learn a bit about modding, so you could potentally contribute to a project. Even if you don't feel like you're especially talented or skilled. These days OFP players are in the minority. And OFP modders are even rarer. Even more so on these boards.

Some of what I said was for other people too. I know there's a few people still getting into the game, even now. Believe or not. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Macser said:

but would rather have someone else do the work, instead of attempting it themselves. Which is fair enough

Ok so I don't get this part can you explain again ? :D

Well yeah I have been playing this game for more than 10 years and I have been scripting in this game for 3 - 4 years and yes I am modding (Improved AI script , 3D sights , Climbing script and potentionally reloading while moving and boxing) I think I have said this before so I think you must mean moddelling? I'm not sure

34 minutes ago, Macser said:

Some of what I said was for other people too. I know there's a few people still getting into the game, even now. Believe or not. 

Ah now it makes sense and yeah I have someone else hosting a vanilla 1.99 server for me and there was 14 people last week :D (With my own ANTI TKC script and admin tools script) and some of them were new

You either don't want to do it yourself, or don't feel you have the skills necessary. Which is why I assume you created the thread in the first place. That's not intended to sound insulting, in case that's the impression I'm giving. It's a conclusion based on what you've posted. 

I was referring specifically to models and textures, as that's what the thread is about. Scripting's a very valuable skill. But it won't help with asset creation. And seeing as there aren't a lot of modders interested in the idea, learning some new skills might get you closer to making it happen.

• Like 1

You are right on both : I don't wanna do it and I think don't have the skills for making textures and also I'm really not motivated to start on it like the reason that I like scripting is that I can make AI more tactical and strategical that's is also why I love and play this game because of the tactics there's nothing tactical with textures :D and I guess from now on I'm not really going to make another post like this

• Haha 1

Haven't I already done it already? AI take cover script remember? But in the mod there's more improvements so wait for the mod

I was thinking about all that stuff and turn my mind to the modular system  consist of simply addons-features. Some addons can be tested and used separately in a case of someone wants only a certain feature.