Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

Need help with wrp edit

This is going to be the island for our mod, New Vice Island:

121720026283825.jpg

As you see, it's not going to be gigantic, but this is definately not the final look of it, the buildings are all out of scale in the pic. I need someone to make me the shape of the island, and to make it bridge friendly. Either that or I need to know how to use WRP Edit. I found the OFP Cookbook on the CiA clan site, but it only told me how to make islands in Wilbur or Terragen, which I don't want since this is how the islands supposed to look like. So I need to know the following things:

1) How to make an island in WRP edit.

2) How to import my own buildings, bridges, road textures, etc. This can be done because Bear's Lahta has sandboxes.

3) How to make airports.

4) How to make the AI know that a road is a road.

5) How to make a dock that a car can drive on.

6) A script that can simulate ongoing traffic, something like this:

A random numbers of random cars spawns around say a 50 meter radius, and they can follow random routes along the island.

7) Make a money system, with which you can purchase guns at a gun store.

8) A menu system for gunstores from which you can buy weapons.

9) A system with which you get chased after police after killing anyone but criminals.

I know that is a lot, but it is necassary for a mod of this kind.

xmas.gif

This islands also going to be released without our mod, namely it will be released after we finish it. A pack of many buildings will be necessary to download with it, since not many of Resistances buildings will be used, most of them custom.

First of all: get some tutorial. It seems you are able to communicate in English - good! Visit OFPEC, there are plenty of good tutorials.

Some hint concerning the island concept: less buildings, mate, and things are gonna be okay. The urban areas are quite demanding on your computer. And the second one: have you thought about the scale of the island. It seems it has about 2 km in diameter, but the area you could use is 12.8 x 12.8 km:) Remember you should create elevation model in right scale.

BTW in case you want traffic and buying weapons, play GTA 3 smile.gif

I have GTA3 and Vice City, but some people don't want to buy a PS2, so instead they can play this. I have lots of tutorials, like I said, but none tell how to do things like making the island IN wrp edit. confused.gif

You know sniper, we appreaciate what your doing, but i dont think it is possible to implement what you are doing using Flashpoint. Besides, BIS is working on somthing new and when that comes out, you should try using it, maybe it will have better buidings, AI, and all that good stuff that will make this mod possable. And Rockstar North, the company that produces the Grand Theft Auto series will release Vice City on computer soon.

Just focus on the island part. I got some friends who know how to script the money stuff, but you won't be able to implement them directly into the map. They'll need to be added with scripts. My pals are working on a cops and robbers map as we speak. Mwuahahahahah!

I found a money script on OFPEC. I don't know about traffic, that's gonna be a real challenge. However this is VERY possible, the only reason you think that a huge urban map cannot be done because when you put a lot of apartment buildings say on Nogova it slows the game down A LOT. In Vice City, the map has tons of buildings. This works because they are low poly, and the non-important buildings in our mod will be 5 polys (they are rectangles with no bottom face!wink.gif. Some of the other buildings, like the police station, will have around 100 polys. BTW, no one has answered the wuestion yet, how do I make a flat island in WRP edit!

I am sure there are many island makers out there, but i guess they are busy experimenting or beta testing as island making is pretty time consuming.

I managed to create a piece of reclaimed rect block of flat commie land directly using wrpedit and now currently beta testing it - adding/testing textures, scaling textures to the buildings and objects within wrp and ofp and hopeful to keep to my schedule of prior to christmas release or end of the year or not releasing at all as i guess not many will want to play on rect shape flat city state island.

As u are familiar with modelling and texture, perhaps u can try:-

1. Using 3dmax to create a patch mesh then elevate the vertices to create a 3 dimensional flat land.(make sure the base is at 0.

2. Export the 3ds into O2.

3. Select the edges vertice and apply a tex to it.

4. Create geometry, give a component name and apply mass.

5. save, config it as building, make pbo, slot it into addons.

6. open ofp and place it on a spot nearby the desert default island.

Problems:-

1. will geometry be avaliable for this 12km big mesh?

2. will your texture be good to be able to see the roads blown up to 144 km square ?

3. Will your island collapse with 3 mag M16 fire?

I have not tried this method b4 although theoratically it should work if one can overcome the problems. I only recommend it as u faced difficulties in wrpedit and VISITOR is still not avaliable yet. All the best! smile.gif

Sigh....back to wrpedit....another redo sad.gif but something new learnt smile.gif