Sign in to follow this  
-~1ncognito~-

"fired" eventhandler usage...

I only want it to be activated by a certain weapon. Could

I have a code sample please? I wish someone would make

a little event handler tutorial because event handlers are

powerful tools in OFP, but they are hard to figure out on

your own. Thanks for any replys smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">    "Fired" string:weapon,string:muzzle,string:mode,string:ammo

<span id='postcolor'>

You need to add the event to the object that does the firing, like so:

_obj = player

_obj addEventHandler ["fired", {_this exec "fired.sqs"}]

fired.sqs

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_objfiring = _this select 0

_weapon = _this select 1

_muzzle = _this select 2

_mode = _this select 3

_ammo = _this select 4

hint format ["%1", _this]

<span id='postcolor'>

If you want to see if a specific gun was fired, then you'd need to look at _weapon.

This doesn't answer your question, but might help some.

Doolittle

Ok, so if I put:

this addeventhandler ["Fired", {if (_this select 1 == theweapon) then {(_this select 0) do whatever}}]

would that work? I'll go give it a try..

Yeah!!! It works!!! this is what i used:

this addeventhandler ["Fired", {if ((_this select 1) == "weapon name") then {(_this select 0) do whatever}}]

Good to know... smile.gif

Any idea why this doesn't work:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if (name player != "Error: No Vehicle") then {player addEventHandler ["fired",{if ((_this select 1) == "sebprc25") then {[] exec "radio.sqs"}}];};<span id='postcolor'>

It should start the script radio.sqs once the 'weapon' (the us radio from the nam pack) is 'fired'. But nothing happens...

confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if (name player != "Error: No Vehicle") then {player addEventHandler ["fired",{if ((_this select 1) == "sebprc25") then {[] exec "radio.sqs"}}];};<span id='postcolor'>

...I dont think the name of the player is ever "Error: No Vehicle"...

Try:

?alive player:player addEventHandler ["fired",{if ((_this select 1) == "sebprc25") then {[] exec "radio.sqs"}}];

I hope I got it right.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Jan. 31 2003,19:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...I dont think the name of the player is ever "Error: No Vehicle"...<span id='postcolor'>

Doh! (slaps forehead)

It should have said 'not' - this prevents the eventhandler from being added on a dedicated server...

Unfortunately that doesn't solve my problem - even putting just </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addEventHandler ["fired",{if ((_this select 1) == "sebprc25") then {[] exec "radio.sqs"}}]<span id='postcolor'> in the units init line doesn't solve it. I think the readio - while being a weapon and being able to be fired (you hear some static when hitting the fire button) doesn't activate the eventhandler.

sad.gif

I know why this won't work with the radios. They don't have "ammo" and can't fire - the sound you hear is the "empty" sound.

PSC

Laser also doesnt trigger the eventhandler wich is even more strange.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PSC @ Feb. 01 2003,20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know why this won't work with the radios. They don't have "ammo" and can't fire - the sound you hear is the "empty" sound.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, that makes sense - but then there should be a way to 'load' them for firing, else how can to use them? 'hasweapon' works, but isn't quite as elegant as waiting for the user to select the weapon and actually 'fire' it.