Jump to content

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Kalle M. said:

forgot to put the key before the ending script

 

Nope, rechecked. ActivateKey "07_CWR2_Invasion"; is in place and is executed 20 seconds before the End#1 trigger by the same GameLogic's waypoint. And since you've seen debriefing this entire set up works. One more strange stuff to think over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Batteriefuhrer 1-288 said:

 

Nope, rechecked. ActivateKey "07_CWR2_Invasion"; is in place and is executed 20 seconds before the End#1 trigger by the same GameLogic's waypoint. And since you've seen debriefing this entire set up works. One more strange stuff to think over. 

I'll make a playtest tomorrow and see if the debriefing shows up as intended, just to be sure.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Run the #04's insertion phase at least dozen times and still haven't got any of the OPFOR groups stalled on the convoy site. And don't have any more ideas about what could cause that issue.

Any help or suggestion would be very appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Batteriefuhrer 1-288 said:

Run the #04's insertion phase at least dozen times and still haven't got any of the OPFOR groups stalled on the convoy site. And don't have any more ideas about what could cause that issue.

Any help or suggestion would be very appreciated.

I only had that issue for once. Perhaps it was just a coincidence? Restarting the mission could solve the problem. I'll check it soon.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, Kalle. And if your test run won't net anything on this issue I tend to write this bug off for now and concentrate on solvable problems.

 

Do you have any situation update on the #07's ending?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Batteriefuhrer 1-288 said:

Thank you, Kalle. And if your test run won't net anything on this issue I tend to write this bug off for now and concentrate on solvable problems.

 

Do you have any situation update on the #07's ending?

No update on mission #07's ending. I'll check it immediately.

 

Here are the results of #04 Tsunami mission.

 

1st try: Squad was standing at the Kill zone.

 

2nd try: Two transport helicopters crashed into the hills in east of the Kill zone.

 

3rd try: Squadleader is moving to south for some odd reason. Behaviour is possibly 'combat'. Other elements proceeded to the forest after receiving the order to interdict. First task is not considered complete.

 

This is very odd since it's working on your PC but not on mine. Maybe the complexity of the mission appears to be causing this. I believe I have encountered the same effect earlier on some other missions during my Arma years. Could be just "Arma".

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. Strange.

And the result is terrible, and since you get issues that often at this phase we can't consider the mission to be reliable. I will search further then.

 

Do you test in the editor of from the SP mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update on mission #07:

 

Everything worked as intended during the mission. Debriefing showed up as planned. However, the doneKeys didn't work. The mission is not marked 'completed'.

 

Have you used the donekeys inside gameLogics in other missions too? I was just wondering.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About mission #11

There is an error during the briefing which says: "Picture sp_11_assault.paa not found". There is missing a picture in the notes.

 

I'll update this reply if I find anything else regarding mission #11.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Batteriefuhrer 1-288 said:

Yeah. Strange.

And the result is terrible, and since you get issues that often at this phase we can't consider the mission to be reliable. I will search further then.

 

Do you test in the editor of from the SP mode?

Sorry for the late response, I tested on SP mode. As everything else too.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four more testruns of the #04 landing. Still had the group leader departing the LZ each time. Stress-tested with heavy CPU load by setting all possible video settings to maximum and launching two heavy virtual machines in the background. Nope. The performance drop doesn't affect this thing.

Tried time acceleration twice and immediately got 3 group members running somewhere into the hills westwards of the LZ and failing to "return into formation". Helicopter crashed. Albeit these were gunships, not assault Kamovs.

 

Did you use time acceleration on any test runs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four more testruns of the #04 landing. Still had the group leader departing the LZ each time. Stress-tested with heavy CPU load by setting all possible video settings to maximum and launching two heavy virtual machines in the background. Nope. The performance drop doesn't affect this thing.

Tried time acceleration twice and immediately got 3 group members running somewhere into the hills westwards of the LZ and failing to "return into formation". Helicopter crashed. Albeit these were gunships, not assault Kamovs.

 

Did you use time acceleration on any test runs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Batteriefuhrer 1-288 said:

Four more testruns of the #04 landing. Still had the group leader departing the LZ each time. Stress-tested with heavy CPU load by setting all possible video settings to maximum and launching two heavy virtual machines in the background. Nope. The performance drop doesn't affect this thing.

Tried time acceleration twice and immediately got 3 group members running somewhere into the hills westwards of the LZ and failing to "return into formation". Helicopter crashed. Albeit these were gunships, not assault Kamovs.

 

Did you use time acceleration on any test runs?

Nope, I didn't use the time acceleration. I will do a few tests and see if it goes hell. I think the two choppers that crashed in my test were transport helicopters, since they flew right in front of my chopper and seemed unarmed.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys

 

my email notification for my thread doesn't work. Thanks, Kalle for reporting your test experience. The last time I have played 04_Tsunami everything went well. I had in a couple of former playthroughs the same problems with being stuck at the LZ. But the last 3 times I tested the mission everything went smooth. I recorded the last playthrough as well.  I won't test this mission anymore since you are both already behind it .

Thanks for your feedback Kalle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nettrucker said:

Hi guys

 

my email notification for my thread doesn't work. Thanks, Kalle for reporting your test experience. The last time I have played 04_Tsunami everything went well. I had in a couple of former playthroughs the same problems with being stuck at the LZ. But the last 3 times I tested the mission everything went smooth. I recorded the last playthrough as well.  I won't test this mission anymore since you are both already behind it .

Thanks for your feedback Kalle.

That's good news. Perhaps it would be better to ignore my reports regarding #04 Tsunami until someone else has the same problems?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kalle M. said:

That's good news. Perhaps it would be better to ignore my reports regarding #04 Tsunami until someone else has the same problems?

 

Well, the problem exists evidentially and since you experienced it you reported it.  Sometimes it's really hard to understand where the flaw is. The Arme engine at times is unpredictable and it's hard to fix things when it's happening from time to time only.

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, since there are no any ideas on the #04's issue for the time being, I plan to move on with completing fixes to other pack's missions. I will get back to it closer to a point when we're ready to release an update. With a fresh eye and an unbent brain I'll probably be abler to come up with something.

 

Found the #07's donekey issue, BTW. For some mysterious reason, I put two ending triggers and the one with missing donekey command had a shorter timeout thus rendering the correct one useless. Fixed.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update on mission #04

The ambush was executed as planned, no bugs detected. Proceeding with the mission.

 

So far so good...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening, gentlemen, we are ready with the update, finally.

 

here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E3i_1EaNL6wT8kEgnOUMcdwLWeKegygT

 

Changelog:

 

tweaked:    #1 and #5 player's Sukhoi got extra 30mm and R73s at the 'cadet' difficulty level;
fixed:    #04, 07, 08 player unit didn't get extra AT rounds as have been supposed to. The missions lost selectable gear;
tweaked:    #05 BLUFOR 20mm AAA performance;
fixed:    #07 ActivateKey wasn't getting activated;
fixed:    #09 missing script error message;
fixed:    #09 too long delay before the Raid Force had been dispatching it's demolitions team;
tweaked:    #09 the sniper's final task description altered since had been stated unclearly;
fixed:    #11 wrong briefing image reference;
fixed:    #12 player's damage issue;
fixed:    #15 high probability of massive fratricide for OPFOR to supporting fires.
fixed:    excessive addon dependancies throughout the pack

 

Special thanks to Kalle M., voiceofarma, theOden, deathmetalninja for pointing out the bugs.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated OT. The new version can be found under fixes and updates Last war 1.01.

 

The Armaholic link is outdated we still have to upload the new version on Armaholic.

Cheers

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×