17 minutes ago, deathmetalninja said:

Thanks for the tips man it's a sweet mod you've made, good fun.

Been awhile since i played A2 you guys have brought me back...

I'll try again, guess i need to git gud lol ;)

Thanks to you for playing our missions. We put a lot of work and effort into it. 19 missions are nearly a campaign in size. I love flying jets I couldn't resist putting some dogfight missions into the pack. Don't worry I still suck at flying choppers notwithstanding all these years I'm playing. Good to hear that we brought you back to ArmA 2 that's a big compliment to both of us.

All the best

• Thanks 1

Hello

here's a short gameplay video of mission Misty Morning.

Cheers

• Like 2

On 7/7/2018 at 9:35 PM, nettrucker said:

Hello

here's a short gameplay video of mission Misty Morning.

Cheers

Seems I’m falsedamage in this mission, bullets couldn’t kill me.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, voiceofarma said:

Seems I’m falsedamage in this mission, bullets couldn’t kill me.

Hi!

Really a bug here. Missed this somehow, fixing right now, thank you for the feedback. Sorry for the issue.

• Like 1

Thx for update, I was playing another mission just minutes ago but I’m off now, sorry don’t remember name of mission, It was an operation against UK troops in a village called tyores I think, I failed because something was annoying on this mission, the friendly fire of tanks & BMPs, they just spray their machine guns & cannons on the village even when we are inside it, we all died one after each other not because of enemy but friendly fire.

can u take a look at it? Thx

• Thanks 2

I see, it's #15.

Seems friendly units in the support element failed to shift cover fires when the assault element approached to the objective.

Gotta adjust some stuff, that will take some time.

Will upload when ready.

Thanks again!

BTW, this script is standard throughout the pack, did you have a similar issue in any other missions?

• Like 1

Hmm, I still didn’t play all missions but most of them.

No I think on other missions it was ok, but in this one, it was very problematic.

by the way that’s a nice script u made, make battles intense & fun.

• Thanks 1

Seems the issue is in the zone triggers then.

I won't be able to complete the fixing today, sorry. Probably the next evening.

Yeah, there is no other way to make an AI to provide suppression by fire than scripting, sadly. Feel free to adopt or modify the script, BTW, if you found it handy.

• Like 1

Hi, I found out that some things were "broken" when I was playing these missions and here's a quick list of everything I remember:

I thought the player was supposed to carry extra rockets when playing as Anti-Tank soldier, am I correct? I took a look into '04 Tsunami' mission.sqm and checked the player's init field,

I found:

{this addmagazine ""cwr2_AT4Rocket""} foreach [1,2];

The code looks fine to me, I even tested it on the editor with RPG rockets and it worked fine. I also noted that I had no extra rockets either in mission '07 Invasion'. The tips told me to use different kind of rockets against different targets but I only had limited ammunition of one kind only.

When I played the mission '09 CWR2 Raid on Drachenfels', nothing happened when the demolition team was "probably" setting charges on the hill (radars). The group was just moving around and doing nothing. I'll play it again just to be sure.

I also saw an error when playing the mission which I mentioned in report #2.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1445961805

Just thought you guys should know.

Kalle.

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately I've got a new report.

My AT section did not continue to the forest to setup an ambush for the American tanks coming from Levie after landing near the "Kill zone". Other elements did move into the forest but my section however, was standing at the landing zone.

UPDATE: The demolitions team destroyed the radar once I arrived at the exit rally point. I thought I was supposed to stay on overwatch until the radar was taken down with explosives.

It works now as intended, I think the task was just a bit unclear and that's why I first failed to complete the mission.

Edited by Kalle M.
Update
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kalle M. said:

the player was supposed to carry extra rockets

The tips told me to use different kind of rockets against different targets but I only had limited ammunition of one kind only.

Indeed,  AT4/RPG-7 player units throughout the pack were added extra ordnance in order to substitute ammo bearers/loaders normally accompanying tank-hunters in real life.  And, naturally, all those extra rockets are contained outside of the visible magazine slots of the player's gear UI.

And while these extra magazines present during test runs in the editor they disappear in the pbo-ed mission due to different loading procedure of the .ext

Actual for missions #04, 07, 08

Fixable via removing weapons selection option.  Will be accomplished in the upcoming versions along with other fixes. Thank you, Kalle, for the bug reports.

• Thanks 1

One more thing which might appear to be a small mistake.

I finnished the 7th mission and completed all objectives except the overwatch tasks which didn't affect the outcome.

However, for some odd reason, the mission is not appearing to be completed "officially". I'm talking about 'doneKeys'. You might want to check it out too.

• Thanks 1

On the error message in the #09 - this is an outdated script and frankly speaking I have no idea why I haven't deleted the reference to it. Naturally will be fixed.

2 hours ago, Kalle M. said:

the task was just a bit unclear

The intended sequence of events for the #09's raid regarding demolitions:

- demo team (two sappers with charges) is sent out only after the entire target site is cleared and the security perimeter is set. There should be a radio command "Demo team in".

- upon this command demo people stack their demos (crouch animations visible) into three firing holes under the radars then join their parent squad (or squads, since the demo script picks the sappers dynamically depending on the particular squad's losses)

- after the intel team (two guys searching enemy bodies) is done, and "obtained" the cipher machine the commander orders sappers to pull and fire the time fuze (one of the "sappers" moves out to the demolitions net and makes some animations).

- The raid force withdraws. The two blasts go off after about 3 minutes from the sapper's report "I've got smoke"

The sniper (player unit) is supposed to overwatch the sappers and the raid force's withdrawal.

Since you found the sniper's task is stated unclearly at this phase, we will alter the briefing's task description.

2 hours ago, Kalle M. said:

AT section did not continue to the forest to setup an ambush

Pretty sure this is the famous A2's struck group leaders. This happens from time to time in the waypoints-heavy missions. Just replayer this phase both from the editor and from the SP menu and had all the Raid Force's elements departing the convoy site.

But since this particular phase works unreliably, we gotta recheck. Could you give some details, please: what stance did the player's group leader have when all other squads departed?

And did you have "...interdict any enemy escape or approach as planned" radio command?

Thanks )

the mission is not appearing to be completed "officially". I'm talking about 'doneKeys'.

Yeah, strange stuff.

Did you have the debriefing text and the outro cutscene?

Or the mission just left you on the battlefield and nothing was happening?

21 minutes ago, Batteriefuhrer 1-288 said:

Pretty sure this is the famous A2's struck group leaders. This happens from time to time in the waypoints-heavy missions. Just replayer this phase both from the editor and from the SP menu and had all the Raid Force's elements departing the convoy site.

But since this particular phase works unreliably, we gotta recheck. Could you give some details, please: what stance did the player's group leader have when all other squads departed?

And did you have "...interdict any enemy escape or approach as planned" radio command?

Thanks )

Yes, my squad was ordered to interdict and all group members were just standing in formation (Wedge I think or something similar) with their guns pointed down. All other squads proceeded to the forest as ordered.

This is weird as I haven't encountered it at this phase.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Batteriefuhrer 1-288 said:

Yeah, strange stuff.

Did you have the debriefing text and the outro cutscene?

Or the mission just left you on the battlefield and nothing was happening?

Yes, the debriefing showed the description and the title as supposed. Maybe you forgot to put the key before the ending script? I found two outro files and I didn't see the key being used.

Just now, Batteriefuhrer 1-288 said:

Yeah, strange. On the group leader, please: did he stand like the others or had been crawling?

He was standing just like the others. My group seemed like they were waiting for the waypoint to get executed or something.

2 minutes ago, Batteriefuhrer 1-288 said:

I see, sorry,  thank you, Kalle )

Heh, no problem:)

I'll check it myself in the editor just in case.