Hi,

Does anyone know how to force animations for tracks on a tank? I want tanks to follow the road in a mission, and I belive this can  be done by attaching it to a car with attachto (it appears to work anyway). However, the tracks does not move, so it looks silly.

I know that a way to force a tank to move along roads is to make the leader invisible, and use setpos along the road (30-40 meters at a time) and make the tank follow, but this makes for a very sluggish ride.

Anyone who has any ideas (preferably a seasoned scripter or developer)?

10 minutes ago, badlieutenant said:

Hi,

Does anyone know how to force animations for tracks on a tank? I want tanks to follow the road in a mission, and I belive this can  be done by attaching it to a car with attachto (it appears to work anyway). However, the tracks does not move, so it looks silly.

I know that a way to force a tank to move along roads is to make the leader invisible, and use setpos along the road (30-40 meters at a time) and make the tank follow, but this makes for a very sluggish ride.

Anyone who has any ideas (preferably a seasoned scripter or developer)?

Did you already try

this forceFollowRoad true

in the objects init field?

Command isn't on the wiki for some reason.

Cheers

forcefollowroad only works if you use a ton of waypoints along the road, and the ai drives like he's on crack (mowing down everything along the side of the road in turns and junctions). So that's no good.

But thanks for the input anyway.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, badlieutenant said:

forcefollowroad only works if you use a ton of waypoints along the road, and the ai drives like he's on crack (mowing down everything along the side of the road in turns and junctions). So that's no good.

But thanks for the input anyway.

I'm afraid that's how armas driving AI is doing.

Attaching the tank to a car won't eliminate the swerving and needless crashing into objects.

You could use limitSpeed to prevent the tank from going faster than 50kmh, which can reduce the menace a bit.

Cheers

I used

my_tank limitspeed 25

and tank in safe and aware mode

It seems to work. The tank follows the road. slowly.