Barba-negra

sounds from other system locations

Good morning to all of you, you have come to ask a question, is there any chance that you can add sounds to a mission and a smile from another location?

for example in the description
place the following information

CfgSounds class
{
sounds [] = {siren};

class siren
{
name = "siren";
sound [] = {"C: \ MisAddons \ @Naval \ addons \ ZNV \ sound \ siren.ogg", 1, 1};
titles [] = {0, ""};
};
};

I have my mission in my documents but I would like to read it from another location, so that the mission has less weight, but it has not worked for me, can this be done?

According to the The Wiki, you can define sounds from the root addons folder. Not sure if there's a way to do this with external addons/mods like you would get from Armaholic/Workshop, though. The problem would be portability, as the path might be different for different people depending on where they keep their mods.

and if a dedicated server is used? where everything is stable in the path of the server folders?

And after a second of thought, the sound should already be defined in the mod config. Maybe I am missing something.

3 minutes ago, elthefrank said:

and if a dedicated server is used? where everything is stable in the path of the server folders?

Every client will still need the assets. If you are thinking that you'll stream sound files to each client, you might want to think again.

if indeed all the clients see the mods, but nevertheless I still can not get them to use that location, if I can do it then I would pass the mods to the clients,

I want to say that first I want it to work, to later pass the mods

8 minutes ago, elthefrank said:

if indeed all the clients see the mods, but nevertheless I still can not get them to use that location, if I can do it then I would pass the mods to the clients,

I'm not sure what you mean. If the mission requires certain mods, then any client will need to have those mods loaded. Similarly, any sounds that a client needs to hear must be present on the client PC, either in a local mod or in the mission file. If it's in a mod, it will already be defined there, so you can simply call it as needed.

and what would you call it? because the way I'm calling it has not worked

I would find out how the sound is defined and call it as needed (say/say3D/playSound/playSound3D/etc.)

How are you trying to call it?

Also, what addon is it you are trying to use sounds from?

Examples on Wiki.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#CfgSounds

One for mission and one for external mod folder.

NOTE: Since Arma 3 v1.49.131710 it is possible to define AddOn sounds in mission config. In order to make engine look for the sound in AddOn, the sound path must start with @ (instead of \) for example:

• Like 1

Linked in my first reply, HazJ ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

excellent boys then if you can this is excellent, thanks for helping guys, I will start doing, this will greatly reduce the weight of the mission, since it has many sounds

However, there is something I do not understand where visionMode says, is that a sound or an addon? because it does not specify what kind of sound it is if it is ogg or other?

class CfgSounds {

sounds[] = {};

class addonsound1

{

name =    "sound from addon";

// start path to sound file in AddOn with @

sound[] = { "@a3\Ui_F_Curator\Data\Sound\CfgSound\visionMode", 0.8, 1, 100 };

titles[] = { 0, "" };

};

};

Arma vanilla uses .wss files, so every time you see a path without any file ending you can slap a ".wss" behind it. It also is possible to go into config viewer and copy paste the sound path from the sound you want and then edit it with the @a3 annotation.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Harzach said:

Linked in my first reply, HazJ ;)

LIES!!! I WAS FIRST!!!:rofl:

• Haha 2