Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

New usermade Campaign available

Beaten all the other campaigns, i'll give it a whirl and tell you what I think :-) Hmm.. this mission where you attack the airport is hard.. mostly becuase the squad runs right into gunfire... maybe a fix?

(Edited by MotherRussiaAK74 at 5:41 pm on Dec. 23, 2001)

Hey How about that, the people from my other favorite game "Falcon 4" making a campaign for this one!

Hey guys how about really toping the storm! and intergrate some F16's into OFP!!!!!!

Downloaded it a lil while ago, seems rather good so far smile.gif

Getting Stephen Hawking to do the voiceover was a real coup, must have cost you guys a fortune wink.gif

What other usermade Opf campaign can boast a celebrity? wink.gif

Not really.. anyway, I laughed my ass off at one part. In the helicopter mission, he goes heh heh heh great balls on fire! It sound hilarious! Other than that I love this campaign, it's a great addition. Thanks alot Snake man!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Snake Man on 10:16 am on Dec. 23, 2001

PMC Fury campaign is now available for download.

<span id='postcolor'>

Why didn't you stuff the entire campaign folder to make one single packed campaign PBO file?

Sounds great so far!

I'm downloading it now.

I've played some crappy campaigns. Some as crappy as Between The Lines. BTL was just complete crap.

'Free' campaigns had at least 5 missions that I loved.

Any other campaigns that people recommend?

I like this campaign. what you really need to do is to record some wav's and use those instead of the autovoice thingy. oh ya.. and PBO it!

The mission on the Airport where u capture it is wierd ... with the suicide squad. I just hid in a bush and let the choppers finish the job. Then i snuck in and shot up the few remaining and or wounded russian. Im so evil :biggrin:

Very nice campaign.

I'm half way through.

I don't like being a regular M16 soldier, though. You should make us Grenadiers more often, or M60 gunners.

That mission, the heli patrol, was hilarious.  When he said   "Oh look by the hospital, those are our guys lets go wave to them " or when they said that they were bored or when he did that trick with the heli and i was like " Is this what you guys do for fun?" .   I laughed my ass off at this mission.It is a must see mission. Now i am on mission  BASE ATTACK.  Great job on this campaign.

I love this campaign.. I like how you play as only a ground soldier.. the switching between all types of vehicles is kinda stupid. GREAT JOB Snake, hopefully we see a Russian sequel to the same story? :-P Oh by the way Black Knight "Heh Heh Heh Great Balls on Fire!".

PS The missions with no combat add alot of Realism.. the other campaigns felt like Armstrong had LOTS of bad luck :-P

(Edited by MotherRussiaAK74 at 3:01 am on Dec. 25, 2001)

a question:

in the night mission where the Russians try to reseize the airstrip, I never even see a single Ruskie. I never even hear a single shot fired. Is this right?

Once this campaign is installed, then the original campaign no longer shows up in the menu? Is this typical?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from HuFlungDung on 6:25 pm on Dec. 25, 2001

Once this campaign is installed, then the original campaign no longer shows up in the menu? Is this typical?<span id='postcolor'>

You can scroll through campaigns in the campaign menu by hitting the arrows at top.

This is the first campaign which I can enjoy and complete! biggrin.gif

It should be playable for all players, newbies, advanced and hardcore players.

The missions were nothing else happens than troops arriving adds lot of atmosphere to the game.

In two of this non-action missions an chopper crashed without any reason - LOL! biggrin.gif

Some of the Meaux missions got too long gaps in it which make it temporarily boring. Even with time 4x it takes forever for the last few troops to attack.

In my actual Meaux mission I should get in an chopper because someone wants to talk with me at the airport - but when I arrive there what should I do?

The voices in the game are very hard or not to understand - reminds me of the "Say" program of the good old CBM Amiga Workbench but 3 times crappier. sad.gif

Subtitles would be an nice addition!

But I would say it`s in general an good campaign which isn`t frustrating like the original BIS/CM campaigns.

And I hope to see an Ruskie or Resistance campaign in the future - more an resistance campaign because you see too much US or russian missions/campaigns or maps in the last 6 months.

Snake Man;..thanks for all your hard work! This is a nice campaign and fun! Keep it up please!

Enjoying the Meaux battles BIG time! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from MotherRussiaAK74 on 8:16 pm on Dec. 25, 2001

There are subs...<span id='postcolor'>

I got both subtitle option ON but when the goaty voices "talk" they won`t show up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from animalica on 7:23 pm on Dec. 25, 2001

...In my actual Meaux mission I should get in an chopper because someone wants to talk with me at the airport - but when I arrive there what should I do?

...<span id='postcolor'>

Finally I found the solution:

Get in chopper, fly to airport, walk to the tent, get near officer.

An waypoint to the officer would help - and that you can board every vehicle on the base doesn`t made it clearer what to do after arriving the airport.

And now a few impressions and critics to a few of the missions:

Tyrone missions:

Good idea to post a few troops in the two woods - I didn`t expected troops there - but those nasty sniper... he killed many people before I found him - well placed!

Mission Road Block:

An hard one.

After all my men got killed at the road block (took the direct way from start point through the wood) I managed to take out all russkies, grabbbed an AT weapon and waited what would happen then.

Many time later an BMP arrived and tried to enter the opposite wood without any reason and got stucked - which made it easier for me.

Then the mission won`t end and I searched both woods for remaining soldier but didn`t found anything.

Then I returned to the start point and followed the road to the road block.

In the small village on my route I found an Ural with troops and I wasted my last AT for it.

Then I continued my travel and suddenly the mission ended succesful.

Here would an waypoint to the village be very useful.

Entre Deux:

I directed my troops on the hill at the village, then I sneaked to the south, crawled towards the T-72, shot the AK soldier nearby, the BMP get`s nervous, the troops runned towards my position - and I managed to get in the tank just in time! smile.gif

I drove off with full speed but the BMP followed me but I didn`t saw it.

I drove in a bow to my guys to let them board the tank but then the BMP attacked me.

I fleed, switched to gunner and shot the BMP.

Then I drove back to my guys, let 2 of them enter the tank and opened the russkie season. smile.gif

When the mission won`t end I called the M113 and many minutes later the choppers which found the last men.

An real entertaining mission! smile.gif

Mayhem at Montignac - or Slaughterhouse Montignac? wink.gif

I tried this mission many times to see how I could finish it - but the A10`s NEVER showed up.

Finally I decided to sneak into the village to see if I could "organize" an BMP or even an tank.

I crawled from bush to bush, waited for a few russkie patrols to pass and finally reached the BMP - only to discover that it wasn`t empty! D`Oh!

And no satchel charge! #§%&!

So I crawled to the next bush, called the A10`s, the tanks and the other squad and my boys from the south.

The A10`s never arrived, the tanks get wasted fast (only one survived the first wave - and after repairing he didn´t made it another minute) also the two squads.

After 5 minutes I was the only remaining US force on the map.

I stayed in the bush when two soldiers appeared a few meter from my bush away.

I killed both which alarmed a few other soldiers.

If you use `nades they don`t get it where they come from! smile.gif

But if you stay in the bushes they don´t see you at all if you don`t shoot.

It ended with 1x T-80, 2x T-72, and 27 dead enemies (including crews).

It took over 2 hours (mission time 1:36h!) and lot of hedgehopping and save and reload.

Awesome, thrilling, frightening!!!

Convert it to an human vs AI MP map! Not to forget ammo boxes with satchel charges and of course an sniper.

This campaign rocks! There are only a few minor flaws which can`t spoil the fun. Continue the good work!

(Edited by animalica at 9:44 pm on Dec. 26, 2001)