dragon01

Setting up paradrops

I've tried to set up a paradrop recently, in SP, in various configurations, and I just can't seem to get it right. I used to be able to do it with some combination of waypoints, but now I can't seem to recall how it went. Could anyone post a simple, but through explanation on how to do the following, for both vehicles and infantry:
1. AI pilot dropping AIs.
2. AI pilot dropping the player.
3. Player pilot dropping AIs.

I looked on the wiki, but didn't find anything, either.

9 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

I looked on the wiki, but didn't find anything, either.

Really?

• Haha 2

Yes, really. I searched and came up with nothing useful. If it is on the wiki, somehow without a single mention of the words "paradrop" or "parachute", a link would be appreciated.

I'm not interested in using the "simple" (or any other) script, and don't want to use any mods, either. I recall this used to work in pure vanilla, with waypoints alone, at least for the VTOLs. YouTube videos that Google finds aren't what I need, especially since they all seem to have half of Armaholic loaded. 

11 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

I'm not interested in using the "simple" (or any other) script, and don't want to use any mods, either. I recall this used to work in pure vanilla, with waypoints alone, at least for the VTOLs. YouTube videos that Google finds aren't what I need, especially since they all seem to have half of Armaholic loaded. 

Good luck doing any of this with waypoints alone.

If you figure it out let us know, I'd like to know as well.

Cheers

I don't know if it works anymore, but I'm sure it did at some point (specifically, just after VTOLs were introduced). If that doesn't work anymore, it could be a script command that goes into the init field, or onCompletion or whatever, but if that's the case I don't want to go through ten minutes of a YouTube guy explaining how to make the plane fly straight to find out about it. Besides, YouTube videos I found all used a ton of mods.

At around 8.23 he shows the code to go in the waypoint init. 

BTW - the name of the video is AI paradrop no mod's.......

• Like 2