Zukoprinc

Arma 3 does not start with some mods.

Arma 3 does not start with some mods. Tried to remove and reinstall mods.

Data file too short 'D:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@CUP Terrains - Core\addons\cup_terrains_ca_sounds_c_dummy.pbo‘. Expected -1046564610 B, got 23364 B

Code: 0x000000FF - unknown

11 minutes ago, Zukoprinc said:

Arma 3 does not start with some mods. Tried to remove and reinstall mods.

Data file too short 'D:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@CUP Terrains - Core\addons\cup_terrains_ca_sounds_c_dummy.pbo‘. Expected -1046564610 B, got 23364 B

Code: 0x000000FF - unknown

Verify your game cache in steam.

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

Verify your game cache in steam.

I already did this.

Have you altered CUP in any way? Did you download it from the CUP Steam Workshop page? If you have not altered CUP and you've downloaded the latest version from CUP team, then unsubscribe from the mod and restart your PC and then resubscribe to the mod. 

17 minutes ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

Have you altered CUP in any way? Did you download it from the CUP Steam Workshop page? If you have not altered CUP and you've downloaded the latest version from CUP team, then unsubscribe from the mod and restart your PC and then resubscribe to the mod. 

I have already tried to completely remove it and reinstall it. What will happen if you change it in the folder !Workshop?

1 hour ago, Zukoprinc said:

Expected -1046564610 B, got 23364 B

Means the file is corrupt. the expected part is what the size of the file is supposed to be, the got part is what you have

Another option you can try is go into the CUPS folder itself, locate this file---->   Arma 3\!Workshop\@CUP Terrains - Core\addons\cup_terrains_ca_sounds_c_dummy.pbo

which is in the error your getting, move that file from the folder, from there start your arma3 launcher and go to the mods tab, see if the mod gets updated, and or do a verify again.

What your looking to do is compare the sizes of the files, if the file you have moved from the folder is smaller then the new one in the folder then the file has been fixed\updated, try it.

Don't mess with that folder. I think NEVER is the preferred word.

It wont hurt nothing, i do it all the time, just dont mess with the addons folder in the main directory.

• Thanks 1

It wont hurt nothing, i do it all the time, just dont mess with the addons folder in the main directory.

For you and I, maybe not. For others, don't mess with it. 

6 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Means the file is corrupt. the expected part is what the size of the file is supposed to be, the got part is what you have

Another option you can try is go into the CUPS folder itself, locate this file---->   Arma 3\!Workshop\@CUP Terrains - Core\addons\cup_terrains_ca_sounds_c_dummy.pbo

which is in the error your getting, move that file from the folder, from there start your arma3 launcher and go to the mods tab, see if the mod gets updated, and or do a verify again.

What your looking to do is compare the sizes of the files, if the file you have moved from the folder is smaller then the new one in the folder then the file has been fixed\updated, try it.

Thanks for the help. It worked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

For you and I, maybe not. For others, don't mess with it. 

I agree, but as last resort ask first if you run into issues. Saying no to everything we deem to be complicated, or unsure of closes the doors to possibilities

for others to learn from their mistakes, as well as the community.

If one is willing to learn then mistakes are merely results and stepping stones to better understand and clear up any confusion, yes frustration, and issues can occur but

alot of what we have here is simple to fix if a mod gets corrupted or some other issue related.  All i suggest is use this thread as a guide, dont go to what i suggested in my answer as the best way because

the issue whatever it may be can work or be fixed in a simpler a way, always go the simple route first, results from that determine your next action.

If and when it comes down to it best to ask if one is not sure and know that they dont know what they are doing.

57 minutes ago, Zukoprinc said:

Thanks for the help. It worked.

Glad i could help, normally you would just unsubscribe from the mod on the workshop, the alternative is to download a physical file from CUP website if you ever

come across the same or similar issue, you can get all of CUPS mod files here http://cup-arma3.org/download

For these files, after you extract the zip the mod (with the @ part) will be moved to the main arma3 directory ------>   C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

from there use your arma3 launcher to launch the mods, this may be a bit more tedious or extra work if you will but you will probably have less issues then steam workshop if you were to run into any,

i never had issues myself with steam workshop but as you have experienced shit happens so the manual way is an alternative route. Cheers.

• Thanks 3