Sign in to follow this  
brgnorway

The Iraq Thread

plz stay on topic.

on topic of iraqi ppl, rememeber a pardon that Hussein granted a few months ago? guess what. ppl protested in Bahgdad asking what happened to their relatives in prison. they thought their relatives would be freed, but when they realized that it wasn't, they went out on the street. immediately thereafter, western medias were kicked out of Iraq.

so i highly doubt if Iraqi population love Hussein 100% or even 60% of time. but it doesn't mean that they completely want US's attack either.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 22 2002,00:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

IMO, the Iraqi people have been exposed to a lot of propaganda, so we shouldn't put too much stock in what they believe.

Don't get me wrong, it'd probably be a bad idea to be storming into Baghdad expecting a warm reception from the civilians, but that doesn't mean that they're right, or that we should avoid invading at all.

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 20 2002,20wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">plz stay on topic.

on topic of iraqi ppl, rememeber a pardon that Hussein granted a few months ago? guess what. ppl protested in Bahgdad asking what happened to their relatives in prison. they thought their relatives would be freed, but when they realized that it wasn't, they went out on the street. immediately thereafter, western medias were kicked out of Iraq.

so i highly doubt if Iraqi population love Hussein 100% or even 60% of time. but it doesn't mean that they completely want US's attack either.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think the Iraqi people really love Saddam, well, some love him but most of them probable don't.

They don't love saddam, but they sure like him more than Bush or any other Western leader.

Okay, now I'm starting to lose my cool. Its really pissing me off to hear people bitching about the U.S. invading iraq, everyone wants a diplomatic solution. Just what the fuck do you think the sanctions are exactly? How do you think the U.N can force Saddam's hand without pressuring him?

The sanctions are designed to get Saddam to cooperate or to get his people fed up enough with him to rise up and overthrow him. So far this "diplomatic solution" hasn't worked for shit. But couple it with a threat of war and hey what do you know, we've got U.N. inspectors back in Bagdad? Take a look around and see whats actually happening. for the first time in 7 years, Saddam is honoring his ceasefire agreement. Whats so bad about that?

As for the no-fly zones, this is a U.S. and British committment to the Kurds and Shiites in the North and South. Remember them? If you can't, think back to who it was Saddam used WMD on about 12 years ago. Bitch, bitch, bitch, but you can't have it both ways. Either the U.S. honors its committments or it doesn't, and here we are honoring a committment. This is more of a humanitarian effort than anything else, but once again misinformed armchair intellectuals who have been spoonfed anti-U.S. propaganda except it all as the gospel truth. I know a little something about this as I am a political science major in school right now, so please people, do some research for God's sake. Plus, it doesn't surprise me that SAM sites targeted by coalition aircraft in Iraq are far from the no-fly zones. Remember, the Iraqis aren't exactly throwing rocks, they are shooting supersonic guided missiles at these aircraft. Those missiles have a very large effective range, so it makes sense that some of the sites targeted are far from the no-fly zones themselves.

As a further sign of your willingness to accept propaganda, you make blanket statements about the mindset and mentality of the average American. This is evidence you don't have the slightest inkling of what the hell you are talking about. America is a diverse population with a long and cherished history of challenging the government and questioning authority. How the hell do you think we became an independent nation? If we didn't question authority, we'd still be part of the British empire. Americans constantly question the government and we will NEVER stop doing this. It is incorporated into our federal system, its why we have a Supreme Court, many European nations don't have an independent judiciary whose sole purpose is to challenge the actions of the government, we do. It disgusts me how ignorant you are. We have a party system in this country. do you really think one party is not going to take every advantage of the other? We can't be fooled by our government, because our government is us. The parties fight too much to cooperate on something like that. More conspiracy theorist mamby pamby bullshit. Learn something about federalism before you make stupid statments like that.

Everyone hates the guy on top don't they? Whoever said this way back in the thread was right. No matter what the U.S. does, someone is going to bitch about it. Yeah, we aren't perfect and we've made a lot of mistakes, but we did a lot of great things for the world as well, including bailing Europe out on more than a few occassions. Look at your own countries histories, not one of you can claim that your nation has behaved perfectly.

I don't support everything my country does, and I sure as hell don't believe everything I get from the media. What I do is assess all the information, thoughfully process it and form my own opinion about whats really going on. Do you honestly think Europe is the only place in the world filled with free-thinkers? If you do, you are pretty damned egotistical.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is more of a humanitarian effort than anything else, but once again misinformed armchair intellectuals who have been spoonfed anti-U.S. propaganda except it all as the gospel truth.<span id='postcolor'>

So you are bashing anyone that demands prove before a war is started ?

You ´re at school, ok. If you were in arms like some guys including me are, and had been to hot spots , you´d talk a bit different.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How the hell do you think we became an independent nation? If we didn't question authority, we'd still be part of the British empire. Americans constantly question the government and we will NEVER stop doing this. <span id='postcolor'>

Do you ? If I had lost some of my civilrights on a solitude decision after 9/11 I would have doubted the ability to question the government.

What do you actually do to question your government ? You do not even listen to different opinions at this forum , so only US certified answers are right for you ? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We can't be fooled by our government, because our government is us. <span id='postcolor'>

I still remeber some problems during "election" of your current president. Have you forgot that ? But if you say that you are your government you seem to accept to be tricked.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The parties fight too much to cooperate on something like that.<span id='postcolor'>

9/11 justified everything with no exception to US government. Any politician that stood up and opposed the decisions made after 9/11 would have been nailed to the cross verbally and politically.

"Either with us, or against us"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Look at your own countries histories, not one of you can claim that your nation has behaved perfectly.

<span id='postcolor'>

Nobody does so, but we learned of the errors that were made I hope. This is one thing I completely miss with current US foreign policy right now. What will be after Saddam is removed from power ? Bush already radioed Iran´s population today to live things up. What will be ? A great civil war is thinkable. Also an Iran invasion into Iraq is an option. Tell me what you think will happen after the removal of Saddam. It will destabilize the region in my opinion and yes that opinion is founded on experts, not media.

As a side noit i find the tone you take here rather displaced. If you want to shout out your anger go out on the streets. This is by all means a discussion between people with different opinions and lifes. If you have trouble with that better stay off.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ Dec. 22 2002,01:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is incorporated into our federal system, its why we have a Supreme Court, many European nations don't have an independent judiciary whose sole purpose is to challenge the actions of the government, we do.  It disgusts me how ignorant you are.  <span id='postcolor'>

It is amusing that you talk of ignorance. USA is very unique in the democratic world by having a politically appointed supreme court. If your judiciary system isn't politically independent then you can hardly talk about a real democracy, can you?

And for your information all European countries have supreme/constitutional courts.

First of all the reason I can even afford to go to school is because I spent 6 years in the armed forces back in the first gulf war era, so my perspective is not distorted. I know what those guys are going to be asked to do.

Second, not all nations have an independent judiciary. Sure our Supreme Court Justices are appointed by the President, but they serve for life and it is almost impossible to remove them. This is why they serve as an important check on the other two branches of government.

As for the tone I took, yeah, I lost my temper a bit, but that wasn't hard to do with a bunch of people generalizing about Americans being a bunch of non-intellectuals. Blanket statements are a sign of ignorance. It would be the same as if I assumed all Europeans were rude because I heard that Parisians mistreat Americans or something. I don't make blanket statements because I take everything as it comes and make up my own mind about things.

So far, my mind isn't made up about the possible war in Iraq. I would support it if I felt like our President was a trustworthy guy and his intention was to liberate an oppressed people. so far, I suspect that like the Gulf War, this one will mostly be about oil, but who knows?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ Dec. 23 2002,04:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Second, not all nations have an independent judiciary.  Sure our Supreme Court Justices are appointed by the President, but they serve for life and it is almost impossible to remove them.  This is why they serve as an important check on the other two branches of government.<span id='postcolor'>

In Europe yes. And by independent, I mean independent, not chosen politically and not associated with any party. Even in Russia.

The Supreme court in theUS is a pure joke, which could be seen the last presidential elections. You cannot have your judicial values tied to political values. The only place where you have that are dictatorships and banana republics.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As for the tone I took, yeah, I lost my temper a bit, but that wasn't hard to do with a bunch of people generalizing about Americans being a bunch of non-intellectuals. Blanket statements are a sign of ignorance. <span id='postcolor'>

I see it more as criticism towards a bad school system. Did you see that National Geographic survey? For some reason American people (of course not all, but on average) know less about the world then Europeans do. And this becomes evident in some people's arguments (like your supreme court argument and claim that "many European countries don't have independent judicial systems").

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> It would be the same as if I assumed all Europeans were rude because I heard that Parisians mistreat Americans or something.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, at least the French are tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Dec. 21 2002,12:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There are waaaay too many people in Iraq that love Saddam. As unrealistic as it may sound, it is true, we find it hard to understand this, but are we the persons that live there? No we are not, the way kids are being raised there and many other factors are very different from here. Yes, you could call it brainwashing.

If you ask me, a lot of it IS brainwashing, but what are we gonna do about it, these people are conviced that their leader is great, you can't just tell them not to think that.

Look at what happens a lot in the east, people blowing themselves up (of course a good example is the WTC, but i'm rather sick of hearing about that) for their religion. Why do they do that? Because they are convinced that it is a good thing to do, they have been brainwashed like many others, you can't just go to those people and tell them to stop doing all that because it's not good. You can't just invade Iraq and tell the civilians who liked Saddam (and who hated the US) that they were wrong.<span id='postcolor'>

A lot of German's loved Hitler. Does that mean we shouldn't have invaded or delcared war?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A lot of German's loved Hitler. Does that mean we shouldn't have invaded or delcared war? <span id='postcolor'>

This is way to off to be commented.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Dec. 23 2002,15:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A lot of German's loved Hitler. Does that mean we shouldn't have invaded or delcared war? <span id='postcolor'>

This is way to off to be commented.<span id='postcolor'>

How so?

Both dictators, both invade smaller, less protected neighbors, both are "loved" by their population (though the Wehrmacht passively worked against Hitler...dunno about Saddam. I doubt it.), both oppress a minority group...including, sadly enough, mass gassings of this minority group, and both times the world is aware of a growing danger and ignores it until it is too late, in the interests of "peace."

ie "Peace in our time..."

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Dec. 22 2002,03:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How the hell do you think we became an independent nation? If we didn't question authority, we'd still be part of the British empire. Americans constantly question the government and we will NEVER stop doing this. <span id='postcolor'>

Do you ? If I had lost some of my civilrights on a solitude decision after 9/11 I would have doubted the ability to question the government.

What do you actually do to question your government ? You do not even listen to different opinions at this forum , so only US certified answers are right for you ? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The parties fight too much to cooperate on something like that.<span id='postcolor'>

9/11 justified everything with no exception to US government. Any politician that stood up and opposed the decisions made after 9/11 would have been nailed to the cross verbally and politically.

"Either with us, or against us"<span id='postcolor'>

Cities lay legal foundation for resisting Federal "snooping"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Dec. 22 2002,16:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Dec. 23 2002,15:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A lot of German's loved Hitler. Does that mean we shouldn't have invaded or delcared war? <span id='postcolor'>

How so?

Both dictators, both invade smaller, less protected neighbors, both are "loved" by their population (though the Wehrmacht passively worked against Hitler...dunno about Saddam. I doubt it.), both oppress a minority group...including, sadly enough, mass gassings of this minority group, and both times the world is aware of a growing danger and ignores it until it is too late.<span id='postcolor'>

You cannot compare Hitler to anyone else.

I once tried comparing Hitler with Bush, that was the day that my PM inbox started to freak out because i got A LOT of PMs that day... I even said some very naughty stuff, but that's not important now.

What is important is that Hitler cannot be compared to Saddam, Hitler didn't invade smaller "less protected neighbors", he attacked almost whole Europe and he was stupid enough to try to invade Russia what finally destroyed him...

You cannot possibly compare the danger caused by Hitler and the danger caused by Saddam.

Anyway, there's no evidence at all that Saddam has weapons, NONE!

Gosh, this bullshit is working on my nerves (plz don't answer: So will Saddam's gasses! biggrin.gif ), there still isn't any proof at all that they have anything dangerous. It's all a big pile of bullshit, this crap makes me laugh, it's never good enough for Bush, everytime Iraq does something positive, it isn't good enough!

Oh boy oh boy, i can't wait to see this world getting blasted away! Hooray!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Dec. 23 2002,16:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is important is that Hitler cannot be compared to Saddam, Hitler didn't invade smaller "less protected neighbors", he attacked almost whole Europe and he was stupid enough to try to invade Russia what finally destroyed him...<span id='postcolor'>

Why can't he? He certainly shares many characteristics. And yes he invaded "all of Europe". But not at once. He got Austria, and Checklosavokia though truely through "diplomatic" subterfuge. He attacks WW1 equiped Poland....I would call that attack a 'less protected neighbor.'

THEN Europe woke up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

You cannot compare Hitler to anyone else.<span id='postcolor'>

Why is that? He some kind of sacred Evil Poster Child? If you compare someone with him...certainly get ready to recieve some returns from that persons supporters.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

You cannot possibly compare the danger caused by Hitler and the danger caused by Saddam.

Anyway, there's no evidence at all that Saddam has weapons, NONE!<span id='postcolor'>

Why? Because YOU haven't seen it? And ALL of the UN, including the chief inspector Blix (even France! wow.gif ) has said that the report has large gaps and and leaves ALOT out. The IAEA even said that the section dealing with nuclear weapons was somewhat "lacking" and contained nothing new and large gaps.

Gosh, this bullshit is working on my nerves (plz don't answer: So will Saddam's gasses! biggrin.gif ), there still isn't any proof at all that they have anything dangerous. It's all a big pile of bullshit, this crap makes me laugh, it's never good enough for Bush, everytime Iraq does something positive, it isn't good enough!<span id='postcolor'>

So will Saddam's alleged gases! tounge.gif (And I dont' mean the kind he gets after eating burritos.)

And what "positives" has Iraq done? This weekend the Iraqis held up the inspectors for a few hours, delaying their access to sites. On Thursday or Friday they were denied access to a site for 15-20 minutes because the Iraqis said they had "already checked it before," in violation of the resolution that gives inspectors free access ANYWHERE.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Dec. 23 2002,09:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Dec. 23 2002,15:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A lot of German's loved Hitler. Does that mean we shouldn't have invaded or delcared war? <span id='postcolor'>

How so?

Both dictators, both invade smaller, less protected neighbors, both are "loved" by their population (though the Wehrmacht passively worked against Hitler...<span id='postcolor'>

I thought you already got over this idea of comparing Hitler to Bush... apparently not.

xmas.gif

another double standard isn't it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Dec. 23 2002,16:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Dec. 23 2002,09:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Dec. 23 2002,15:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A lot of German's loved Hitler. Does that mean we shouldn't have invaded or delcared war? <span id='postcolor'>

How so?

Both dictators, both invade smaller, less protected neighbors, both are "loved" by their population (though the Wehrmacht passively worked against Hitler...<span id='postcolor'>

I thought you already got over this idea of comparing Hitler to Bush... apparently not.

xmas.gif

another double standard isn't it<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gif I assume you are talkin' to Darklight

Soon as I figure out whatya talkin' about I'll let ya know...

One thing I can say is Bush ain't gassed a minority or oppressed any.

Invade countries...sure, but it was in response to an attack (gets ready for the inevitable response to that).

Loved by their population...maybe. It's about even from what I can tell.

Double standard? Doubtful....

Man is it Christmas yet? *fidgets like a little child* xmas.gif

Hitler killed 12 million people. Saddam did not. Hitler was a plausible threat to the whole world, Saddam is not.

Actually, I fail to see any similarities between Hitler and Saddam.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Dec. 23 2002,17:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One thing I can say is Bush ain't gassed a minority or oppressed any.<span id='postcolor'>

I thought that Texas used gas chambers, but perhaps it is electrical chairs confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One thing I can say is Bush ain't gassed a minority or oppressed any. <span id='postcolor'>

He is on the way to do so right now.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Dec. 23 2002,17:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Dec. 23 2002,17wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One thing I can say is Bush ain't gassed a minority or oppressed any.<span id='postcolor'>

I thought that Texas used gas chambers, but perhaps it is electrical chairs <!--emo&confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Actually it is lethal injection...

And so capital punishment of murders, and rapists is "gassing and oppressing a minority?" Oh man and MY analogy is off??? lol

If you wanna hold THAT against people, then what about the executions, rapes, murders, and oppression of opposition in Iraq? No...I suppose it is all about Bush....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Dec. 23 2002,16:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why? Because YOU haven't seen it? And ALL of the UN, including the chief inspector Blix (even France!  wow.gif ) has said that the report has large gaps and and leaves ALOT out. The IAEA even said that the section dealing with nuclear weapons was somewhat "lacking" and contained nothing new and large gaps.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually what Blix (and he is Swedish, not French) said was that it lacked any evidence. The 'gaps' part is a US interpretation. Blix latest move was to ask US for intelligence assistance saying - ok, if you are so sure that Iraq is developing WDMs - give us the location so that we can search it.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/12/23/sproject.irq.wmd/index.html

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Dec. 23 2002,17:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One thing I can say is Bush ain't gassed a minority or oppressed any. <span id='postcolor'>

He is on the way to do so right now.<span id='postcolor'>

Please state the minority about to be oppressed and gassed.

Lemme guess...the Iraqi civilians. Yeah thats whats gonna happen. They are going to be gassed and oppressed.

Blind patriotism blind Bush hate....different sides of the same coin.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Dec. 23 2002,17:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And so capital punishment of murders, and rapists is "gassing and oppressing a minority?" Oh man and MY analogy is off??? lol<span id='postcolor'>

No it is the punishment against criminals.

Saddams gassing of the kurds was not because they were kurds but because they were rebelling. There was a lot of collateral damage yes, but that is a term that US is also accustomed to. Saddam was gassing revolutionaries: i.e criminals. This was not ethnic cleansing.

I contempt both Bush and Saddam for that since I am very much against a death penalty.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Dec. 23 2002,17:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Blind patriotism blind Bush hate....different sides of the same coin.<span id='postcolor'>

Look at it in absolute terms. Bush has killed far more civilians in Afganistan (collateral damage) then Saddam has in Iraq.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Dec. 23 2002,17:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Dec. 23 2002,16:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why? Because YOU haven't seen it? And ALL of the UN, including the chief inspector Blix (even France! wow.gif ) has said that the report has large gaps and and leaves ALOT out. The IAEA even said that the section dealing with nuclear weapons was somewhat "lacking" and contained nothing new and large gaps.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually what Blix (and he is Swedish, not French) said was that it lacked any evidence. The 'gaps' part is a US interpretation. Blix latest move was to ask US for intelligence assistance saying - ok, if you are so sure that Iraq is developing WDMs - give us the location so that we can search it.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/12/23/sproject.irq.wmd/index.html<span id='postcolor'>

I didn't say Blix was French...I said even the French said that there were gaps and missing information.

I saw an interview with Blix, and the IAEA spokesman and they BOTH said there were gaps and missing information. THAT is when they said that any "intelligence" given by foreign countries is needed and wanted.