Dentroize

Dualshock Confusion

So, I've been having trouble. I try to remap some of my controls for Arma 3 but it keeps putting Dualshock (my ps4 controller) in the mapping. For example,

"Page Down+DUALSHOCK4 USB Stick Y- Rotate" instead of regular,"Page Down" I use DS4 frequently for my Rocket League but I dont know how to fix this!

Same here, with Thrustmaster t.16000m and TM TWCS throttle. Before i can remap a keybinding on mouse or keyboard, i need to go to the controller settings and disable all joysticks/throttles etc. Really annoying. So it seems arma 3 is constantly reading each controllers position and adding that to each rebind action. Thing is, a lot of controller have no neutral position for some of their axis. If i understand corretly, in arma 2 and even up to some patch for arma 3, a controller had to actively moved or a switch or rocker pressed for its input to be registered as a keybind? If so, why was that changed? Any solution for this except for unplugging/disabling everything everytime i want to change a keybinding?

It seems like the controller isn't calibrated correctly (it outputs data when it should'nt).

Use the calibration from Windows to correct this (or from within Arma configure deadzone, etc.)

On 4/15/2018 at 11:40 PM, ozzbik said:

It seems like the controller isn't calibrated correctly (it outputs data when it should'nt).

Use the calibration from Windows to correct this (or from within Arma configure deadzone, etc.)

This is a known issue with how the game reads controllers, it changed in an update oh I forget when, maybe 2016? It used to only read controllers when you actively moved a control, but since that update it reads the controllers constantly. Like my Saitek pedals are neutral according to Windows, but Arma will always add them to a keybinding.

Reposting my latest brain fart from the feedback tracker:

So, what you guys can try; the tool DIView (http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=12 or just google it) allows to view all axes of all game controllers and change saturation, deadzone and min/centre/max values for each axes of each device individually. It automatically saves those changed values in the windows registry for each device, thus you don't need to start or run DIView or a service each time you want to play.

For my particular problem: both TFRP toe brakes reportead at 100% and with some fiddling around i could get them to report at 50% or as neutral. I actually had to set them to its max value so they report at 50%. Quite goofy! Anyway, neither Arma 3 nor HITMAN take offense anymore.

Still, this needs to be fixed so that arma 3 only adds an axis when it is actively moved over, lets say 1 second or such. I think update 1.44 from 5th may 2015 changed the controller axes input detection, but i dind't find anything concerning this in the changelogs though.

Entire feedback thread sure is a fun read! https://feedback.bistudio.com/T82394#1675741