Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

2s19 released

Dont bother the textures are pretty bad though the animations are impressive. And as far as that 2s19 goes whats with the nice photorealistic textures on the sides and then the cartoon looking textures in front?

@paladin,

Excuse me, and you've created,?

<If you can do better, do it, if not, take what's given and be happy>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paladin @ Jan. 09 2003,02:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dont bother the textures are pretty bad though the animations are impressive.  And as far as that 2s19 goes whats with the nice photorealistic textures on the sides and then the cartoon looking textures in front?<span id='postcolor'>

I downloaded it and liked it myself. I thought it was quite good except that all the troops tend to disembark from the front of the cockpit which is wierd. Also it suffers the same problem as all the previous Mi-26's.... it crashes about half the time when landing even when the waypoints are set to "limited". Until that problem is fixed the helicopter is next to useless in missions except maybe in MP missions if you can convince others to download it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Jan. 09 2003,14:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paladin @ Jan. 09 2003,02:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dont bother the textures are pretty bad though the animations are impressive.  And as far as that 2s19 goes whats with the nice photorealistic textures on the sides and then the cartoon looking textures in front?<span id='postcolor'>

I downloaded it and liked it myself.  I thought it was quite good except that all the troops tend to disembark from the front of the cockpit which is wierd.    Also it suffers the same problem as all the previous Mi-26's....   it crashes about half the time when landing even when the waypoints are set to "limited".  Until that problem is fixed the helicopter is next to useless in missions except maybe in MP missions if you can convince others to download it.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

Hmm the talk is about the 2S19 a russian howitzer. Not the mi26. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Jan. 09 2003,17:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[Hmm the talk is about the 2S19 a russian howitzer. Not the mi26.  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Actually he was talking about the Mi-26 in the first part of his reply. Again I don't think the textures are all that bad in it.

Yes I know the thread is about the 2S19, but from what everyone's saying it sounds like it wasn't much improved from the first version that was released.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yes, I would really like to see an updated version with working optics and mounted machine gun - anyone know how to contact the author or if he has a website?

Maybe he could get someone like Sigma 6 to put the finishing touches on it, as with his excellent T90 and T80s.

So did a fully working version of this ever come out?

I fixed the optics so that they now show up, but for some strange reason the optics don't follow the turret up and down. When you look using the gunner optics and Rotate left to right, then the optics follow the turret fine. When you lift turret up and down, the optics just stay in place and look straight ahead.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Of course if there's a final version out, I'd love to get it!

Hey Johnny,

How do you change the suffix from com to zip?

Im running XP pro and am not to sure on how this is done. crazy.gif

Right click on the file, click rename, then rename it from .com to .zip. Simple as that. smile.gif