kennyleif

Persistent Character system

Hi.
I got an idea, but lack the means to put the idea into development.

I have a idea about creating a mod or program, that can simulate experience build up like real life, and the development of skills and real life progress. I'm guessing is should some kind of persistent mod running on the server, storing players progress. 
You, as a player, then receives "experience" for participating in missions, and performing specific tasks. After a specific number of points, you then unlock, better stamina, less weapon sway, more carry capacity and so forth.

It's  a idea about simulating real life progress of soldiers, who develop through training, missions and tasks. No one starts as a super hero special forces soldier.

Like I said, i don't have the coding skills, to make this, but I would very much like to help in any way i can. So if anyone is up for it, let me know, and lets figure something out.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kennyleif said:

Hi.
I got an idea, but lack the means to put the idea into development.

I have a idea about creating a mod or program, that can simulate experience build up like real life, and the development of skills and real life progress. I'm guessing is should some kind of persistent mod running on the server, storing players progress. 
You, as a player, then receives "experience" for participating in missions, and performing specific tasks. After a specific number of points, you then unlock, better stamina, less weapon sway, more carry capacity and so forth.

It's  a idea about simulating real life progress of soldiers, who develop through training, missions and tasks. No one starts as a super hero special forces soldier.

Like I said, i don't have the coding skills, to make this, but I would very much like to help in any way i can. So if anyone is up for it, let me know, and lets figure something out.

If done right could be really interesting indeed. Could be used with Milsim communities if they want to go that far haha. Rock up to range days to improve your weapon sway, go on patrols for better stamina etc etc. 

I agree that this is a very interesting aspect that brings new depth to the game. It is also something that will "bring you back" to the game more often due to the constant progression of your character.

Currently we "only" have stuff like KOTH where you gain levels and access to more equipment (before finally mutating into a sniper, with rebreather, wetsuit, ghilliesuit, TI-goggles, AT-launcher etc).

You could even flesh it out more with specialization skills where you either gain XP in each skill as you go (For instance, use FAK to get some XP in medic skill, use revive to gain more, eventually heal faster/more with each level).

Or you could use a skill-tree system, where you have a pool of XP and spend it as currency to unlock skills.

In other words, either have it driven by player actions, or by player choice.

I like the idea very much and think that if you can make it persistent, it could be added as a [PRPG] mod (persistent role playing game) mod, where a server opts to use it or not. Any server with it activated will allow players to use their saved characters from the persistent data. Could be fun both in a PVP/TVT mode as well as COOP :)

• Like 1