Sign in to follow this  
peanuckle_00

How do i give a soldier tank style armor

So I had an idea to create a labor from patlabor mobile police.  I want to make the soldier a vehicle with heavy armor properties, richocet sounds, and a cockpit. Basically a vehicle created from a soldier model.  Then on top of that he's only a vehicle capable of being empty, and with no emotion, eyebrows, etc., and a few feet tall.  

6 stories tall: capable

armor properties of a tank: possibly capable of editing

no emotion in the face, or blinking: capable

having a cockpit like a vehicle: unknown territory

having the animations of a soldier: unknown territory

But I'll be the first to try!!!

av98s-01.jpg

If you must introduce mechs to Operation Flashpoint, can you not shoot for a more realistic type?

And why didn´t you post this in the right section.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Nov. 29 2002,05:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So I had an idea to create a labor from patlabor mobile police.  I want to make the soldier a vehicle with heavy armor properties, richocet sounds, and a cockpit.  Basically a vehicle created from a soldier model.  Then on top of that he's only a vehicle capable of being empty, and with no emotion, eyebrows, etc., and a few feet tall.  

<span id='postcolor'>

Fyi, "realistic" (relatively speaking) mechs can be found in the Gasaraki series.  They DO have a Deus Ex Machina to explain away certain difficulties, but the rest seems rather realistic for near future tech.

I don't know.  Somehow I think that, if mechs were practical and the military started actually producing them (it's not that we don't have the technology), they wouldn't look so "Power Ranger-ish."  They would look rather rough and down-to-earth, more like a tank than what you usually see them portrayed as.  Even Mechwarrior's mechs are a bit too fancy.  Earthsiege had the right idea, I think, only the torsos shouldn't be suspended by two thin weapon brackets.